Be Ambitious

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Random moments at our house....

It's Wednesday morning and I am not watching any kids today and I totally lack any motivation to get anything done. I'm still in my workout clothes from this morning and avoiding my laundry, so I thought I'd do something fun and add a new entry to my blog since it's been a while.

At our house I try to capture all the moments that I can with a camera because I never know if Nate is ever going to do what he does ever again. I love the age that he is right now because I laugh everyday. He is so curious and busy. Trouble is his middle name and most of the time I have to say that it doesn't bother me. I feel like he keeps me happy even during the days that I feel the monotony of being a stay at home mom. It was on one such day that I came out of my room to find him all dressed up like this. Who can't help but laugh when you find this?

Somehow, my son had managed to pull his pants off, pull a pair of my shoes out of the front closet (he's always loved to put shoes on, no matter who's they are), and pull a bowl out of the kitchen and put it on his head like a hat. What an imagination! To top if off he was pushing around his little toy pointing things out and talking to himself. Was he being a tour guide? I don't know, that's my best guess. When he got bored with that it was see how fast I can run in these shoes and how hard I can push my toy into stationary objects. I was very entertained that afternoon.

On another day after we'd come home from all the holiday traveling and finally recieved all the boxes we had to send ourselves full of gifts, Nate was elated to see his Buzz Lightyear again. I daresay that it has been his favorite toy since Christmas. Well, Nate can't play with Buzz unless Buzz in playing on the TV. I know, I know, he was addicted to Nemo and now he's addicted to Buzz. I'm thinking he has an addictive personality like me, but I don't see what harm Disney can cause.

I think he's just such a cutie. I love to see him holding Buzz and trying to get him to do what he sees Buzz doing in the movie. Nate gets frustrated if his Buzz can't keep up. Another moment that makes me laugh.

Okay, okay, I know he's probably getting too old to post bathtime pictures but I think that these are just adorable. Robert has always wanted to grow Nate's hair out, but I always buzz it short before it gets too long. I finally agreed to give long hair a try. It's much harder to keep looking decent and clean, but Robert has fun with it because he's in charge of bathtime every night and he can shape Nate's hair into pretty much anything.

Nate's had the Wolverine hairdo, two horns, three horns like a triceratops, but the favorite is the mohawk. What really cracks me up though is that Nate is just as into making shapes out of his hair as Robert is.


So there's a look into the small moments of my life as a mother. I love to see what moment each day will bring to me. Already today I think I've had my moment. Nate and I got in the elevator to move the laundry to the dryer and in the two floors that it took to get there he had picked his nose, said "yucky", and then wiped it on my shirt. Motherhood can be gross, but thankfully there wasn't anything to wipe off on me. I love my kid. :)

5 comments:

Nettie said...

Well, at least he didn't stick in in your mouth. :) He's so cute Erin, it's great that you love being his mommy. Even though there are hard days, the good days make it SO worth it!

Jen said...

Sounds fun! I love taking a step back and enjoying the fun kid moments! He is sure one lucky little guy to have you for his mom!!

Amanda said...

What a cute kid! I do love to laugh at the silly things my kids come up with. There are times that I'm freaking out and laughing histerically at the same time. That's so great of you for taking the time to play and laugh at the silly things. I feel so bad sometimes because I forget to play in the midst of all the chores... and blogging. :)

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

i LOVE randomness! I love YOU. I am so glad you called, we should do it much more often! Nate looks so so big, what little boys they are now! I can't believe how fast they grow!

Indiana Haffners said...

How fun kids are! Its a good thing we were blessed with laughter cuz some days I pray, "Heavenly Father help me to laugh or I'm going to cry!" Kudos to mommyhood! :)