Be Ambitious

Friday, June 5, 2009

Best Friends

Nate is the typical little boy and is really into dinosaurs right now. In lieu of this fact Robert (who saved all his toys from childhood) went searching for the Jurassic Park dinosaurs he had when he was younger while we were visiting his family in Arizona. These include, but are not limited to, a huge T-Rex, a triceratops, and two Jurassic Park Jeeps. Nate fell in love instantly. Especially with the T-Rex because every time he pretended to make it walk it would roar. Grandpa even chased Nate around the house making it roar in an effort to eat him. They became best friends and Nate carried him by the tail everywhere. Well, we decided to take all these toys home with us and so I packed them in a bag and off we went on our long drive home. It was so good to finally get home but I didn't get everything unpacked and put away that day. Instead, I made a pile of Nate's things by his door after he'd gone to sleep that night. In the pile was his dinosaurs. Robert and I woke up to Nate going through his pile. He found his T-Rex and tried to get the triceratops out of the bag so they could all play together. He couldn't get the triceratops out and this is what Robert and I heard:

"Oh, I can't get Triceratops! C'mon T-Rex let's go find Mommy."

Robert busted up laughing and I was more than happy to release the triceratops from his confines. I love the funny things Nate says.

5 comments:

BeCcA said...

Oh my gosh that is so cute. Nate makes me smile and laugh, I can hear him saying that. We had lots of fun with Nate and T-Rex, Nate had him eating all our fingers and toes off.

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

How funny! Joshua is already starting to love dinosaurs too. I think it's a requirement of some kind to love dinosaurs when you're a little boy. I love the story.

Jenny said...

(With regard to pictures from Vegas) Erin, have to say you look so great! I love the hair and need to grow mine like that now. Hope you guys are doing well.

ashlee said...

Erin you are looking so good. I love your hair. And I just realized that I am saying the same things as Jenny but it is all true.

Rebecca said...

Here she comes to save the day! Erin the rescuer of dino's...I like it.
I totally forgot you cut your hair, looks good. Are you still liking it?