Be Ambitious
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Robert's Owie
Yesterday, while cutting some cheese for his quesadilla, Robert managed to cut his finger with one of the knives my mom had just had sharpened. Mom looked at it and figured he might need some stitches. Robert turned so white and chalky that we made him sit down. Mom called Dad at the office and Dad told us to come right in and he'd take a look at Robert's finger.
Dad gave us a few options on treatment, but the one that seemed the best was stitches. Robert was not pleased. He gets really queasy around blood. He can't even watch doctor shows on TV cause they gross him out. Anyway, dad gave him a local anesthetic and after that took affect injected a little more anesthetic with a needle. Robert held my hand the whole time and that was when he squeezed. He didn't like the injection. I watched as Dad gave Robert two stitches. I have seen stitches done before and they haven't really gotten to me, but watching the tip of Robert's finger get stitched was a little different. More graphic, maybe? Anyway, I had to sit down after Dad finished. So, long story short almost and hour and a half after leaving the house for Dad's office Robert was stitched up good as new. Now I'm wondering how he's going to do all the typing that's involved with his work? He's already asked me to type while he dictates. I don't know why I am being punished in the midst of all of this! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Owie! I haven't had stitches before but it sounds kind of painful. Sorry. Did you get to eat your quesadilla?
Yeah, you never know how many nerves your fingers have until you smash it or cut it. I smashed my finger almost off on the tip with 325 pounds I was squatting one time. It basically looked like my finger had exploded like a bullet. Then they gave me this numbing shot right down the middle of the tip and I thought it was 100 times worse than the actual smashing. The funny part was that it was so bad the doctors didn't even know how to stich it up.
Anyway, we would LOVE to get together before you guys are gone! Lets make plans and get it done.
He did get to eat his quesadilla, only because I fed it to him. By the way, Andrea, we are in the area just south of downtown, inside the 610 loop.
Sounds painful!
Poor baby Bob got an owie. I will remember to not order a quesadilla when I come to dinner at your house!!! Love ya Bob, hope your finger feels better.
Ouch! I hate blood too. I get sick easy. Good thing your Dad was right there to help out... that has got to be nice!
Bob, that's what you get for cuttin' the cheese...LOL. (Sorry, couldn't help myself!)
Post a Comment