Be Ambitious

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Good times with Scarlett

Scarlett has such a personality that she is always keeping me on my toes. Recently, I've had a really hard time getting her to eat anything that is healthy. It's like she smells the nutritional content on things and turns away if it's fresh or runs straight towards it if it's processed. This is super frustrating for me for two reasons. The first is that it is uncharted territory for me because Nate was such a good eater. He ate better than Robert and I did. The second reason is that I feel like I work really hard to put good tasting, healthy dinners in front of my family every night. My family has a history of obesity and I want to do my best to teach my kids good habits so they can avoid struggling with it themselves. I have quite a soap box on this topic, but I'll save it for another post. So back to Scarlett. Just when I'm about to give up on her eating good food I made a wild mushroom and barley soup. I knew half my family wouldn't jump at the idea of it, but it tasted really good and it was loaded with goodness. Anyway, I put it in front of my family for dinner and Robert and Nate hesitated while Scarlett dove right in! It wasn't the prettiest soup I've ever made so I know the look of it was not what appealed to her. Whatever it was that drew her in helped her suck it down in record speed.
In this picture she had just finished her bowl and is reaching to finish Robert's. I was more than happy to keep filling the bowls for her.
Doesn't she look awesome? I felt awesome, too. She was full and it was with good food. What 22 month old loves wild mushroom and barley soup? Mine!
Quick change of topic. My daughter loves shoes! Yay! I sense many fun shopping trips in our future. I can't wait! It seems to me that every kid loves to walk around in their parents shoes. Nate did it and now Scarlett does it. I had to get some pictures.
I swear I have identical pictures of Nate looking exactly the same! They grow up so fast!

No comments: