We are super exciting when it comes to family night at the Ross household. Time slips by so fast on Mondays that we usually pull out the Friend or a great lesson that Robert's mom has put together and sent us, a quick scripture and a fun activity with treats being whatever I can pull out of my hat. We usually do most of this around the dinner table because school, homework, piano practice and everyday life makes it difficult to get it all done before we have to start getting ready for bed. So, in an effort to improve upon our chaos we planned a picnic dinner, a story from the Book of Mormon and bike riding and frisbee for the activity.
Look how stressed Robert is to get a good family night going.
Sweet Scarlett loves riding her tricycle.
I love this shot. Nate wants to be able to keep up with his dad so badly. He loves to do what his dad loves to do.
Scarlett couldn't let the boys have all the fun.
Nate catching the frisbee. I love having an older kid who can do all these things with us.
They are good kids and I love 'em to death.
Robert riding Nate's bike. I still can't figure out how he got off without hurting himself.
So here's to trying harder to do a little better. I hope we can keep it up. The kids really loved the change of pace and the time they had been given to just play. It was hard for me because I always have a list a mile long in my head but it was so rewarding to see the kids eating up the one on one time with their parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment