“We’re the mothers you like to carpool with. Not only are we on time, we organize the driving schedule for everyone.”
- Organized and comfortable being in charge, the ESTJ mother knows “how to” get things done, make things happen, and accomplish much on behalf of her children. Whether she is encouraging them to get involved in organized activities or talking with them about their personal concerns, children of the ESTJ mother learn “how to” succeed in life.
- Upbeat and matter-of-fact, the ESTJ mother is intent on her children having the best. She puts her skills and talents to work to this end, from planning trips that supplement their studies to raising funds for new playground equipment. She is happiest when her efforts produce concrete results — children who try out for teams, participate in academic competitions, or are leaders among their peers.
- The ESTJ mother runs a tight household. She is apt to have predictable expectations, consistent routines, standard procedures, and well-defined boundaries, all of which help her children feel protected and secure.
Okay, I guess I can see this. I don't know if I'd organize the carpool schedule but I'd definitely be on time. I think after having done this I realize I might need to relax just a little bit about some things. Much easier said than done, though.
3 comments:
Erin, I have to say that I flat out laughed out loud when I read this. Haha! :) Especially the part about routines, standard procedures, etc. I can so see that. Man, you have been so patient putting up with me and my mothering style!! "When will he take a nap?" "Oh probably sometime between [this time] and [that time]. Oh, but he might not take a nap if he sleeps for a long time this morning. Yes, I know, it's hard to tell when he's tired. Well, I guess I just know. We mostly just play 'till he seems tired. I wish I could be more specific." Wow, how annoying that must be! Not to mention that I would be the mom who would not be on time to the carpool! (Like driving for seminary yesterday? Okay, that one I credit to Hunter being awake all night and not waking at his normal, chipper 5:30am wake-up time - and I still made it - I was just a little late) Ahhh! My poor friends and family! :) Haha! This was awesome. Thanks for sharing!
Erin, their doctors name is Dr. Aldous. I like him, he seems very nice and good with my kids. What's your dad's name and where is his practice? Is he in pediatrics?
Okay, the kids doctor is at Saltzer, too. Seems like a nice place so far, if only Lily wouldn't start bawling every time I take her near it.
Post a Comment