Be Ambitious

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fun in Snowbird

Before the family reunion started in Salt Lake, Robert, Nate and I spent a couple of days up at Snowbird with his parents. The original plan was to go to Lagoon but the day that was planned the temperature was supposed to be over 100 degrees and Nate was a little whiny. So, we decided to stay at the resort instead and do the activities that were there.

There was this awesome Alpine Slide that was over a quarter mile long and it was perfect to take Nate along. As we raced down the track with Robert beside us on the other track Nate would look back at me and yell, "Faster!"

Charlie and Sandi even got in on the fun and went down the track a couple of times. Charlie told a story of when Robert's sister Bec was around Nate's age. They were going down the slide together and he was taking them so fast that the flew off the track. We didn't go quite that fast with Nate although I'm sure he would have loved it.
After the slide we needed to mellow out a bit so we took the tram up to the top of the mountain. The view was beautiful. Nate had a great time looking at all the rocks and running around with his Peepa. (Nate calls his Grandpas and Grandmas Peepa and Meema.)
There were all these blowup toys for the young kids to play on so we threw Nate into the jumping castle. He had a blast, as you can see. Charlie volunteered to stay with Nate while he played in the castle so that Sandi, Robert and I could go down the Zipline. Charlie told us that not a minute after we left to head up to the Zipline, somehow the castle collapsed on Nate. He wasn't very fond of that. I think he's afraid of them now. At least he was able to jump and play and get wiggles out for short time.
The line for the Zipline was really long and it took us about and hour to finally get strapped in. Sandi and I went first. It felt really good to have all the wind in your hair and cooling you down. Robert followed us in the next group. He's got a fear of heights so I think he was a little concerned before he got going. Once he got moving I think he really had a good time goofing off.
You can't really see him, but he's on the left.

We had a really good time in Snowbird with Robert's family. I would definitely recommend an afternoon there to anyone with a young family. It seemed geared towards the younger families. It was the perfect afternoon especially since we were close enough to our rooms that we could take Nate in for a nap if we needed and it us just a short walk away. There was also tons of wild life there and Nate had a great time pointing out bugs and birds. The coolest, though, was a Mother Moose with her calf right outside our lodge. All I can say in regards to Snowbird for us that day is...Way better than Lagoon.

5 comments:

Brooke Colvin said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun up there. We aren't used to seeing all of the green and trees like that! Oh, by the way, Brandon got a new job this week - hooray! I will have to tell you about it later.

Love ya,
Brooke

Jen said...

that sounds like tons of fun!! it looked gorgeous!!

Rebecca said...

Welcome back!Is it bad that I laughed about Nate and the bouncy house?

Andrea said...

I love the alpine slide!

Monica said...

Sounds like fun! I'm jealous - I can't wait until we get out to the mountains in a couple of weeks!