
It's an LG70. Robert has been trying to be a very patient man and has been begging for a new TV for forever. He spent hours researching and looking for the best deals. There have been many a sale that have come and gone because I just wouldn't get on board. What can I say? He wore me down, I grew weary, I gave up, I threw in the towel. I couldn't resist any longer. All Robert's wildest dreams came true. It's a 42" that takes up a massive amount of space in our living room. Sigh. What can a girl do?
Sure, we actually get all the major broadcast stations now (we didn't even get CBS before) and I can get a clear picture of all the PBS stations, which I love. The picture is amazing. For anyone who knows (or cares) it's got a 120 Hz processor so the picture is incredibly clear. Robert geeked out and watched all his favorite movies on it (did I mention he got a new Blu-ray player, too?) all afternoon yesterday. He made a special trip to Best Buy so he could get the movies he'd been holding out for in Blu-ray. How many times can you watch the same scene from the Dark Knight? If you're Robert... many, many. It's okay though because he was really happy and entertained. I love to see him so excited, but it makes me wonder when the excitement is for a piece of electronics.
I know I'm not the only one out there who has a husband with a dream wish list of electronics that is just out of this world. I don't really even get it. They become the focal point of every room in homes these days and I think it's excessive. We should make people and conversation the focal point instead of a TV. Now my 3 year old has his own TV and DVD player in his room. I NEVER had a TV in my room and I don't think they belong in bedrooms at all. I think they are too distracting. Why do we have to have all that stuff anyway? I guess I need a little more testosterone flowing through my body.
Disclaimer: I have an amazing husband. He is a good man. He's not a complete dork who spends all his free time playing with electronics. If there is one thing about him that I love it's his persistence. He was persistent in getting me and he's persistent in getting everything else he sets a goal for. Whether that's his future spouse, his education, or the things he gets to fill his home. He was so sweet when he finally finished all the paper work for the TV. He had a gift card that he handed to me and said I got to go pick out our first Blu-ray to try out on our new TV and Blu-ray player. It was 27 dresses and he endured it beautifully. He also agreed to do the dishes all weekend after we brought the TV home. So, you can see I've benefited off this purchase as well. :)
10 comments:
To answer your question about the Super Bowl, yes it is a lottery and we should find out if we were picked today or tommorrow.
wow what a deal! I didn't get any of those privileges when we brought ours home. It is kinda funny how guys are w/ their electronics. I have often heard many women saying they love the smell of a new book, but I can't count how many times I have heard a guy say they love the smell of a new electronic! Too funny!
Oh Erin, how alike our husbands are! Brandon is the exact same way with anything that has to do with electronics. He spends hours and hours researching and studying the ads and specs and reviews of every product he is interested in. I think it does have something to do with testosterone - I don't get it either. That's nice you got something out of it though, and I do admit I enjoy watching sports and movies on a TV that looks nice and is big enough to not have to squint my eyes to read the words.
Ha, that's true, except Brett and I are the same. We both wanted one sooo bad. And I won't even admit to how much we paid for ours a few years back. Let's just say that prices on flat screens have gone down exponentially. We don't even have tv, but movies are a must here on Friday nights so the flat screen was a need, don't you think? Ha, pathetic.
Nice. I was so glad to upgrade, but now Mike always wants to go BIGGER! He was so close to buying a 73" DLP a few months ago, I am so glad he decided against it, it would have taked up our whole family room.
I admire you for holding out so long. I wore down much sooner. Congratulations on the new addition!
Found ya!
Ryan is beeming! A man's first large flat screen is a big deal.
You crack me up, seriously. I miss you!
I hear you, sista!
Post a Comment