Be Ambitious

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Silly moments, a visit from Robert's parents and Scarlett's blessing

My sister Krista, who is a dentist, sent us this amazing package of a bunch of toothpaste, breath mints, mouthwash and coupons. Along with her package we found this... Needless to say, Nate loved his mustache.
I always think about all the pictures we took of Nate as a baby and I want to make sure I do the same for Scarlett. The other day I thought she was being especially cute. She wasn't doing anything amazing, I just thought she was adorable.
Robert's parent came a couple of weeks back and we all made the trip to San Antonio. We had so much fun revisiting some of the places we went to the last time we were there. This is Lulu's. The diner that makes the 3 lb cinnamon roll. It was almost the same size as Scarlett.
Last time we went to San Antonio it was January. This time the Japanese Garden was in bloom and it was beautiful. This is Robert's parents, Charlie and Sandi, and of course my little ham, Nate.
Getting around San Antonio was really fun this time because we used the trolley. It was so nice and air conditioned every time we got on that I really started looking forward to each ride. It was really warm and I had Scarlett strapped to me in the baby Bjorn. Hot! Anyway, on one such moment on the trolley Robert got fed up with me being a smart -aleck. He flipped me off with a fruit snacks wrapper! Is it okay to do that if it's was a fruit snacks wrapper? Just kidding, it really was all in good fun.
Of course we visited the Alamo.

At the market Robert and Charlie had a great time putting wrestling masks on Nate. He's so freakin' cute.
Yes, we live in Texas. Yes, that's a giant armadillo. Yes, it's in Downtown Houston. Yes, it has giant long-horns. And yes, it's right next to a great restaurant named Goode Co. BBQ. A recommended dining experience if you ever visit.
Near the end of the visit with Robert's parents, we blessed Scarlett at home. She wore the same dress I was blessed in. It was really fun to share that with her just like what Robert shared with Nate being blessed in his blessing outfit. It was so nice to have family come for this big moment for us and we're so grateful they made the trip.
Proud grandparents with their first granddaughter. Scarlett is such a good baby and I hope we were able to help them get their fill until we see them again.

Robert doing the Circle of Life just after the blessing. We can't take ourselves too seriously here at our house!
Daddy and his little girl. I love how much Robert is drawn to her. He's so sweet with his daughter. She's charmed us all.

4 comments:

Felicia said...

She's just so cute! I love those baby cheeks!

BeCcA said...

.I remember Bob commenting about how worried he was to have a girl, look who is wrapped around Scarletts little finger. Love the pictures, I think is awesome that you blessed her in your dress, it is beautiful.
I know my blog background is cheesy, I don't know why I put it on there. I am excited about the end of the month. I can't help it I am surrounded by everything Twilight.

Brekke said...

I LOVE the stach! Did it come with a fake ID?

Brooke Colvin said...

I loved all of the pictures Erin! That is so fun that Charlie and Sandie came to visit you guys. I'm sure they loved seeing little Scarlett and cute Nate. We still miss you guys. Let us know when you are coming to AZ next and we will make sure to get together. More than likely, we will have a new little girl ourselves by then :) Enjoy the rest of your summer in Texas!