Be Ambitious

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Family Swim Day!

This summer has been a bit of a bummer for the kids and me. Robert takes the car to work early in the morning and by the time he gets home it's nap time and then it's too late to go anywhere or we've missed all the playgroups. So, in an effort to break up the monotony, we go swimming. It's so hot here, we try to go a lot!
My baby is turning into a chub! She loves how the water feels and is so relaxed when we go to the pool.
Nate's been practicing swimming all summer. We go to the bishop's pool and practice as much as we can. The bishop's wife does such a good job teaching the kids. I used to teach, but could never get Nate to listen. I'd get so frustrated. It's nice that someone else has been able to help him learn. He can now swim the whole width of the pool without floaties. It's a big comfort to me because water scares me so much with my kids.
Photo op! Scarlett's recently decided the most interesting thing on the planet is her fist. She's going to town on it.
Robert got in on the swimming action. He and Scarlett like to chill with the noodle while Nate and I practice swimming.
The best part of these days are watching Robert with the kids. He loves to play with them. Sometimes I know he's really tired from work and me asking him to do more work when he gets home, but he usually comes and joins us. I think he ends up really enjoying himself, too. Nate's favorite thing is to be thrown "up super duper high" and Robert is more than happy to oblige.

5 comments:

Kevin and Kerry said...

Oooh I just love the pool!! I am glad you guys found a way to beat the heat! Scarlett looks cute as ever, I love the chub.

BeCcA said...

Look at those chubby cheeks. Gotta love the pool, when it is this hot the pool is the only activity to be doing outside. Love all you water babies.

ashlee said...

So I just realized that I wrote Charlotte instead of Scarlett in my last comment. I am awesome. My cousin is naming her baby Charlotte and I must have just gotten confused. She is a beautiful water baby.

Brooke Colvin said...

It's so fun to swim with the kids in the pool. And, of course, dads are always more fun because they can throw them "super duper high". Little Scarlett is so adorable. I love chubby babies!!

Lonni said...

I bet it is so hot and humid there! Glad you guys have the pool. Nate is so cute! Your baby girl is getting so big and chubby!