Be Ambitious

Monday, March 14, 2011

Our zoo at the Zoo

My parents came to visit from Idaho last week. It was so nice to see them. Especially when I think that it will be almost a year before we see them again. We did a lot of eating around here in Houston and played a lot of Pinochle at home, but we had the most fun when we went to the zoo one afternoon.
Scarlett is learning to wave. Now she does it every time you pick her up.

Mom was a classic Grandma and got a lot of play time in with the kids. Scarlett loves her grandparents. Two more sets of arms to hold, tickle and play with her.

The Zoo is in Hermann Park and we had a really good time resting and enjoying the amazing weather as the sun started to set.

Nate was drawn to the water. It's a magnetic pull.

The zoo had a new attraction that is all African animals. I think it's a lot of fun. All my favorite animals growing up were African. This is Scarlett and I in front of the giraffes and rhinos.

Robert did most of the picture taking. We had to document that he was there with us.

My parents love to take pictures. I think it's really cool how they talk to each other about the compositions and are sharing an interest that they both want to learn more about.

Grandma playing with Nate. Nate's mornings always began with, "Are Beema and Peepa coming?" And as soon as they walked in the door it was, "Beema, Peepa, what should we play today?" He loved it!
I'm not posting tons of animal pics because I think we've done plenty of them in the past, but the jaguars were very cool. There were two of them and one was missing a paw because of the other. They were very territorial and put on a good show growling, pawing, and fighting with each other.
Mom, Nate and me in the reptile house. Robert's favorite is the reptile house. I don't mind it, but it kinda makes me nervous. I like where I am on the food chain. When there's only glass separating me from that changing, I tend to get a bit uncomfortable.

We feel so lucky that Mom and Dad could come for a visit. It's not easy or cheap to make it to us when we're so far away. That's really the only down side I've experienced in all our moving around. When you're far away, family really becomes a treat. We can't wait to see them again!

2 comments:

Nama said...

Love that close-up shot of you & Scarlett. You're both beautiful!

Bluestripe55 said...

Scarlett is getting so big! How quickly they grow. What a cutie.