Be Ambitious

Monday, May 2, 2011

Fezzik's Shawshank Redemption


Today we came to the horrifying realization that we have lost a small member of our family. Fezzik, our lovable tortoise who has been part of our family for the past few years, has gone missing. As we walked the fence enclosing our backyard, we noticed a portion of the fence where our friend pulled a Shawshank Redemption. We searched the surrounding areas in vain for our absconding pet. We hope that one day we will see our friend again;"hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."


"Sometimes it makes me sad, though... [Fezzik] being gone. I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. But still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend."

Be safe Fezzik, where ever you may be.

2 comments:

Kevin and Kerry said...

Oh my goodness, that is so sad!! I hope he returns!!

BeCcA said...

Oh man that is so sad, I hope he turns up. Why would he want to run away from the awesome backyard he has?