Be Ambitious

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Nate lost his first tooth!

About a week ago we were having some sub sandwiches for dinner when Nate complained that his tooth hurt when he bit down. I asked him to show me which tooth and when I touched it, it moved very easily. I was so excited and shocked at the same time. It's a big deal to lose your first tooth, but I didn't realize he was old enough for it to start happening!

So he went to school the next couple of days and when I'd pick him up he'd tell me he didn't finish he lunch because it hurt his tooth. Nate is a very sweet little man and doesn't handle pain all the well so I had been avoiding telling him it may hurt and he will bleed. I didn't want him to start crying and then be afraid of losing his tooth. I decided it would be best just to let it happen on it's own and not worry him.

Then, the very next day he gets in the car as I'm picking him up with a tooth necklace around his neck. His tooth had fallen out! I was so excited for him. He told me that he pulled it out himself. (That totally grossed Robert out. His stomach is really weak.) Nate was so matter of fact about the whole thing and completely unfazed. I had been worried for nothing. I was so proud of him so we took some pictures to capture the memory of the first lost tooth.
He lost a bottom tooth right in the middle. You can't really see in this picture but I had to put it up because I love how happy he looks. He's holding his tooth necklace.

So here you can see which tooth actually fell out. I know I've already said it, but I just can't believe he's old enough to lose teeth. I feel like I was just losing teeth!

That night we put his tooth under his pillow and told him all about the tooth fairy. He was worried the tooth fairy wouldn't be able to find the tooth under his pillow so he set it next to his bed on his toy chest. Sure enough, the tooth fairy found his tooth and left him a $1 bill. There's nothing more heart warming then seeing pure jubilation in your child. I love seeing him so happy and excited.

No comments: