Be Ambitious
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
The Mr. Potato Head cake
When the kids' birthdays roll around I really love to make them fun cakes. I'm just learning and each time I learn some more. I am certain that a spherical cake will not ever be attempted again...at least with fondant. This year Nate requested a Mr. Potato Head cake and so I began working on it. Here are a few pictures of the steps.




I don't think it turned out too bad for my second time working with fondant. I really need to invest in a lazy susan for decorating! It was tough to work around the plate. Also, I think he needed to be a bit taller. But, anyway, there he is in all his glory. Nate absolutely loved it and that's all I was really going for. It's fun to get gasps of wonder and make your kid's eyes light up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That cake is amazing! Go Erin!
Great job erin! That is awesome, I wish I had some talent in the baking area!
LOVE IT! Holy cow, Erin. Good job :)
Post a Comment