Be Ambitious

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

All kinds of random

You know when you have all these random pictures and don't know if they deserve their own separate post? Well, this is what I do with them.
We had a little outing to Hermann Park with our good friends just before they moved away.  There was a display of huge Chinese Zodiac heads near the pond and we each took a picture with our personal head.  I'm conveniently going to forget to post my picture with my head.
Scarlett is practicing her posing here.  I think I give her an "A" for attitude.
We got a picture of all the girls together.  Scarlett, Audrey and Karin.  They are quite the group of girls!  Unfortunately, Nate wasn't with us so he missed out here.  He was at school.


Speaking of Nate at school...  Near the end of the school year was a day called "Wacky Wednesday."  Nate was very concerned about participating in it.  I was the kind of kid that was too self conscious to do any dressing up, but Nate wanted to go big or go home.  We thought about wacky things we could do for a whole week!  He wore his baseball cap inside out, his craziest Hawaiian shirt, a pink breast cancer scarf, one of his church ties, his Finding Nemo swim trunks, his wackiest socks and two different shoes.  I'd say he did a good job.  I didn't help him decide on what to do, he chose it all himself!
Remember what I said earlier about and "A" for attitude?  Well, I think this is an "A+."  We were at a splash pad that day and she wanted nothing to do with me and the camera.  Just leave me alone and let me play, Mom!

Nate had one of the best teachers in the whole wide world as his Kindergarten teacher.  Her name is Mrs. Cummins and the whole should mourn her retirement in a couple of years.  She was more than wonderful!  She was so good with the kids and was able to get through to them so well!  Nate learned so much and I think we can thank her, at least partially, for Nate's love of school.  He has a month left of summer and wants to go back to school everyday.

Anyway, we wanted to thank her for her time with Nate with a really personalized gift.  I found out later that I wasn't as inspired as I thought, that a lot of people do this, but she was really gracious when Nate gave her the coffee thermos that he painted and decorated himself at a pottery shop.  We filled it with chocolate and she gave Nate a great big hug and thank you.  I know Nate will miss her, but he's ready to move on to 1st grade.  I can't believe I have a first grader!

So there ends some of the random in our lives recently.  There will always be more, though!

No comments: