Be Ambitious

Saturday, November 17, 2012

First Day of First Grade

Starting school this year was much the same as last year.  Nate was so excited to get started.  I can't believe he's in first grade and how fast he's changed over one year.  He seems so grown up to me now.  I love how he's become more self assured and independent, but sometimes I miss my little boy.  The other day I saw him standing at the sink filling his own glass of water after reaching up and getting his own cup.  I had to stop short to realize it was Nate.  I don't know who else I thought it could be, but it took me aback how tall and grown up he is.  It wasn't that long ago that he needed me to reach his glass and fill it for him.  I love him so much!
I had to take some pictures as he got ready. He's doing his best to ignore me.
Nate's Beema Kunz sent him a check to pick out his very own new backpack for the new school year. His parents were a stick in the mud and thought he could use the same one he used in Kindergarten. Nate chose a backpack with all his favorite superheroes.
Of course, we weren't used to getting up and getting going quickly that day so we ran a bit late. This is Nate trying to catch me at the end of the driveway to walk to school. I love walking him to school. It's a good time for us to talk.
This is what Nate left at the front door as he walked to school with me. Scarlett adjusted very quickly to staying home from school. It was really touching how much she missed him at first.

No comments: