Be Ambitious

Monday, November 26, 2012

Nate turned 7!

Nate's birthday this year was pretty exciting. He turned 7! We started the festivities by bringing his first grade class a treat. He wanted orange almond cake balls covered in chocolate and sprinkles so that's what he got!
Nate always gives me this smile whenever he sees me at school.  I love it. 
The man of the hour and his cake ball.
Scarlett could not be left out.  I love how her eyes are half open here.  Girl loves her food!
We are so happy to have Nate in our family and think he's the best little boy in the whole world.
I wanted to surprise him this year with his cake.  He wasn't allowed to be in the kitchen when I was working on it.  He's become a little obsessed with the Incredible Hulk.
This is the big reveal.  He was priceless!  I think I might try to surprise him every year.
This is him doing his best to replicate the "Hulk smash!" face.  I think it's pretty good.
After showers we thought opening presents would be fun.  We'd tortured the boy long enough.  Money is always a hit with Nate.  I think he bought himself a Spiderman webshooter with his birthday money this year.
Next year Nate will be baptized.  I can't believe it!  Beema and Peepa Kunz got him these books to read.  I'm so excited for that time for him.
Of course, Hulk showed up at the party again!  Nate wears this shirt almost every weekend when he gets to pick out his own outfit and not wear uniforms.
Beema and Peepa Ross got Nate is first Big Nate book!  I was so excited when I saw these at the book store.  I can't believe he's old enough to read them now.  He's loving it.
Nate also got all his soccer gear from his mom and dad this year.  What a haul for a seven year old!
Things started to go downhill after dinner the night of Nate's birthday.  He complained of feeling sick and didn't really eat that much.  When we offered him cake and ice cream he turned it down!  He curled up on the couch with me and tried to feel better.  As bed time approached it got worse and he started running to the bathroom to vomit every 20-30 minutes.  I felt so bad for my baby boy.  He couldn't keep anything down and I kept forcing him to drink because I was afraid he'd become dehydrated.  We stayed up all night together on the couch.  He ended up staying home from school for the next two days.
After the second day he started to perk up and asked if he could finally have a piece of birthday cake.  I was more that happy to oblige. 

I hope that Nate had a great birthday despite getting sick.  The older he gets the more I realize I'm running out of time to teach him all I want him to know.  I hope he knows that his family loves him and we'd do anything for him.  I don't wish the years away with my son, but I am eager to see him grow.  I hope he becomes the man he has the potential of becoming, but most of all I just hope he's happy.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Happy birthday Nate! I'm so sorry you were sick for it.

BeCcA said...

The hulk cake is totally awesome. You are so creative and talented

Brekke said...

Your cakes never cease to amaze! So, great! And I'll bet it was delicious.