Be Ambitious

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Halloween 2012


Halloween this year was, as usual, was all Robert. I wish I was one of the moms that gets really into it and thinks way ahead and makes elaborate costumes for their children. I know the kids would love it, but I just didn't grow up with that so I'm not even thinking about Halloween until the week of. It's pretty slim pickins at that point so we always have to get creative.

Robert loves to do family themed costumes so this year we were the cartoon characters from the Disney network's "Phineas and Ferb". Originally, I was supposed to be Candace or the mom but when I chopped all my hair off we had to make some adjustments. I was Doofenshmirtz, Robert was Ferb, Scarlett was Candace and Nate was Agent P. We had a lot of funny looks and questions but it couldn't have been that bad because some people guessed it. This is us before the trunk or treat began.
Nate as Agent P.  I think the duck whistle is what made it great.  He was so happy!
Scarlett as Candace.  Coloring her hair was an experience.  I don't know that I'd recommend it on such a young child.  I should have taken a picture of her car seat.  It was bright orange by the time we got to the church parking lot!  She could have cared less once we got there, though, she was all about the candy.  She picked up on trick-or-treating so much earlier than Nate did.  She was ripping through the cars like nobody's business.
I tried all night to get a picture of the two kids together.  It was to no avail.  I couldn't get them both to look at the camera for the life of me!
After all the trick-or-treating was over and the sun went down we got to talk to some friends while the kids went to town on their candy.  Robert was confused for the Joker a lot that night.  I think that was disappointing to him because he'd been walking around with giant purple pants pulled up really high all night.  When did the Joker do that?  Anyway, in this picture I'm trying to be sweet and cuddle in with him (I rarely do this for pictures) and completely oblivious that he was messing around and pretending to lick my face.  Gross!
The whole fam again after the haul.
The monster in Scarlett after I cut off her supply.  Pretty, huh?
Halloween was a lot of fun this year.  I love that both the kids are older and know what to do.  Coaching them through the tradition is a thing of the past!  Now I just have to remind them to always say thank you!

1 comment:

Brekke said...

I love it! You guys look great! Your costumes turned out so amazing. You are a lot prettier than Dr. Doofensmirtz, just saying.