Since first seeing Les Miserables a couple years ago, Robert has become a bit obsessed. He listens to the soundtrack all the time. I think he's knows it better than I do now. I love the he loves it so much because it's something we can share together. I also love that I was able to introduce him to it. So, when the show came through Houston this year we had to get tickets. Robert wanted great seats this time so he could see the actors better. We ended up a little off to the side but close enough to see the actors faces. It was wonderful and the show just flew by.
We decided that the show tickets would be a combined birthday present for both of us this year. So since it was a special occasion we got dressed up and we were so giddy that we would be able to be adults for a few hours. This is us outside the babysitters house right before we left for the play. I have to say that I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get more pictures. Robert wasn't very cooperative with that. I understand not loving to be in pictures but I really wanted this documented!
This is downtown Houston. Not so bad, huh? We were on our way into the theater. There is a picture of me just like this one but I don't think it's blogworthy. It's not the most flattering, if you know what I mean! :)
We got there early enough that we were able to get some drinks and sit out on the terrace and talk. It was so nice but a little surreal. I kept looking around for the kids. We have a rule on our dates that we try not to talk about the kids because we want to focus on the time we have right then on each other. This gets harder the older and more involved the kids get. Anyway, it was really nice not to have to worry about them running around and just catch up with Robert.
After our drinks I tried to get Robert to get a picture with me in front of the show poster but he wouldn't because it was so busy. I knew we wouldn't be allowed to take pictures once we were inside so I accepted my picture rejection and happily sat with my husband and enjoyed the amazing show. I can't tell you how many times I teared up. I find the music and story so moving. I am in awe of the talent the some people possess. I am so glad they'll share it with me. Anyway, now I'm so stoked and excited for the movie release of over Christmas. I'm pretty sure Robert and I will be there opening night!
1 comment:
How cute are you two! Just found your blog. How fun to have such a long history on here. Where is this?
Post a Comment