I turned 30 this year! I wasn't too stressed out about it and I think I handled it well. I do feel like I'm getting older because I'm little slower than I used to be, a little more tired than I used to be and I can't just jump out of bed after a huge workout the night before and not feel it. Other than those things, though, I really am enjoying "growing up". I like who I am, I am completely aware of my flaw and try to work on them all the time, but I think I'm a pretty good person otherwise. I'm also happy and I think that's one of the most important things in life.
My birthday landed on a weekend this year and Robert was really sweet and arranged a birthday surprise for me. He knows me so well and couldn't have nailed it more on the head. We have a babysitting swap group set up on Saturdays so two weekends a month we get babysitters and another weekend we do the babysitting. I can't tell you how wonderful I think it is. We also play volleyball on Fridays with a great group of friends from church. Volleyball had some scheduling conflicts that weekend so we rescheduled to play on the same night as the babysitting swap. Robert convinced me to go to volleyball without the kids, which is a huge treat because they usually come and we have to keep an eye on them while we play. So we got ready to go play volleyball, dropped the kids at the sitter's and headed over to the church for some good play. When we drove into the parking lot I noticed a lot of families that don't usually come and got very excited. I love it when new people come the play and I thought I'd finally convinced some of my friends to come and play! When I walked into the gym one of the women came up to me and Robert and said, "Weren't we going to yell 'Surprise!'" I still didn't get what was going on! I'm a space cadet a lot of the time. It finally dawned on me that Robert had set the entire thing up for me as a birthday party. To be honest, I'd totally forgotten it was even my birthday! They all sang "Happy Birthday" and the cupcakes were brought out. It was so nice to see all my friends there and it honestly made me feel so grateful to have so many great people in my life. The fact that people made an effort to be there for me made me feel really special. I'm very blessed. Anyway, after the treats the volleyball began. It was so fun. I loved every minute. I'm so touched Robert put all that effort into one night for me.
Of course we did our own little party with cheesecake the next night after the kids went to bed.
I love cheesecake. Robert made it for me all by himself. Can you guess which side is mine? I feel like I was very generous giving Robert an entire half of my cake to defile with his toffee pieces. :)
It was delicious and I had such a stomachache after! Just for clarification, we did not eat all of it that night, but I ate more than Robert! We did finish it the next night.
No comments:
Post a Comment