Be Ambitious

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Christmas cookies

What Christmas season would be complete without a Christmas cookie Family Night?

Scarlett insisted on a butterfly cookie cutter.  Very festive!
Lining up the cookie cutter to get the most of the dough.
Push hard!
She didn't think we could see her sneaking little bites here and there.
Let's do some gingerbread men.
Nate was very good and didn't need any help.  I forget he's growing up so fast and can do a lot on his own.
He's wasn't quite strong enough to roll the dough out himself.  He still needed me for something!
Mmmm, see-food!
I couldn't help myself from flouring the kids.  If they could spread it around and make messes so could I!
Nate was surprised I would flour him because I'm usually so strict about not making messes.  I'd already lost the battle at this point with flour everywhere so since I couldn't beat them, I joined them.

 Scarlett got so excited when she found a piece of dough left on the table that when she jumped to get it, the bench she pushed off of moved out from underneath her.

This is what happened when she realized the bench was gone.  Cruel of us to stop and take a picture, but it was really funny!  I wonder if she thought the dough was still worth it?

No comments: