Be Ambitious

Friday, September 20, 2013

John's Wedding

While my family was in Houston celebrating Scarlett's birthday and Easter I was in Idaho preparing to attend my brother, John's, wedding. I had a couple of days there before the wedding and it was the first time in a very long time that both my sisters, Liz and Krista, and I were together with my mom. We decided to seize the opportunity we had together and do one of the things that all four of us do best...eating out and shopping!

We started to morning having breakfast together in this fun little place in Nampa. I don't remember the name of it. It was really fun and we fueled up for our shopping adventure. Once we started in our first store, the fun didn't stop all day long.
We all really love to shop for clothes and shoes but we love getting a great deal even more.  We started at Savers and had a great time picking out the bad along with finding some great deals.  We were there for quite some time.  Krista found the ugliest hat in the place and I love this picture.  I have to confess I had a really crappy camera for this trip because I haven't joined the digital age with a good phone that has a great camera. 
Our next stop was the Macy's Outlet.  Liz and Krista found these great bodysuits.  I couldn't find one in my size otherwise I'd be right there with them!
After shopping ended we went back to my parents' place and had an Easter egg hunt with all my nieces.  It was so fun to see them all.  My youngest brother, David, was also in town for the wedding with his wife Abby and their two daughters, Riley and Evie.  Weddings are about the only time our family is together all at once anymore.  We've managed to spread our wings and sprinkle ourselves throughout the country.  I love having my whole family together.  We have a lot of fun.  This is David with his oldest girl, Riley.
This is Liz and Jason's oldest, Sydney.  I can't believe how fast she's grown up.
This is my dad with Liz and Jason's middle girl, Maggie.  She's a kick.  I used to watch her when we lived in Idaho.  She was just a baby then.
Our family is not huge fans of cameras, but I never get pictures of everyone and we always live so far away that our kids rarely get to see their aunts, uncles and cousins so dirty looks aside, I had to bring home pictures.  This is Jason, Liz, Abby and her youngest, Evie.
My mom with Maggie.  Mom is a great grandma!  She knows how to have fun.  I wish I was more like her in that regard.  I worry too much to remember to have fun sometimes.  Mom loves all the kids in the family.  She's so good at everything she does.
Riley getting more eggs.  She's a cutie, but very shy.  She didn't let me get too close or give her hugs.  I can't blame her, I'm virtually a stranger to her.  Hopefully when she's older she'll like me more!
Oh, Davey!  He's always a blast.
Mom with Riley.  Cute picture.
This is Evie with Krista.  So sweet.
This is Liz and Jason's youngest, Charlie.  She is just 3 months older than Scarlett.  She made me miss my girl a little bit.
So we finally made it to the wedding.  After the sealing we all went to their venue in Boise.  It was really nice.  We had time to kill so we had some fun.  We don't drink at all and sometimes people ask how we are able to have fun at weddings without the aid of alcohol.  Well, you don't know the Kunz Clan.  We can have fun anywhere when we get together.  I think Jason had a flask for fun and started passing it around the table.  It was empty, but you'd never know with how well David played the part.
We posed for pics.  This would be perfect if John was there.  Krista, me, Liz and David.  I had so much fun with everyone.  I know I keep saying that but this much time together just doesn't happen anymore.  I had to live in the moment.
Dad got in on the pics.  He and mom look so good.  They've worked so hard to lose all their weight.  I had to keep checking back to make sure it was him when I'd see him out of the corner of my eye.  He's smaller than David and I've never seen him so slim in my life!  Same with my mom.  They look so good!
It took awhile for the reception to get rolling so Liz and David serenaded the entire group with "Rains Down in Africa" by Toto.  They took it very seriously. 
This is what iPhones are used for?  I really need to get me one!
We're really getting bored at this point.  We gave our best poses for pictures,
played peek-a-boo with the flower arrangements and even did a game of Chubby Bunny with huge marshmallows.  I don't like to toot my own horn (beep, beep, beep!) but I won. 
The bride and groom finally made it.  This is Krista with Amanda.  Welcome to the crazy family!
John, David and half of Krista.
This is after a little Truth or Dare.  Davey was dared to walk around with a really bad hair-do.  I happened to have my wax with me so I styled his hair.  It's hard to tell in the picture but it was pretty bad.  We sang along to all the songs the DJ played during dinner at our little corner table.  At one point, I don't remember what song we sang along with, but the whole room applauded one of our silly performances.  It was so fun.  I hope John didn't mind us being ourselves. 
After dinner there was dancing.  It isn't something I normally do but I got into it too.  I was horrible, of course, but it was safe to be horrible with family around.  I wish I had some pictures of my mom here.  She was elusive all night. 
They had a silly picture booth in the back corner of the room and Jason and David made the most of it.  These are the people I love.  They are so easy to be around, they make people happy and they are happy themselves.  I have a great family.  I missed not having my own husband and kids there during the festivities but it was great to be with the family I don't see very often.

After the reception we went to Liz and Jason's hotel and hung out in the lobby with the actor Tracy Morgan.  No joke.  He was in town doing a show.  He flirted shamelessly with Maggie and Charlie.  It was so cute.  He even warned Liz not to bring the girls to the show because, as he said himself, "I'm filthy!"

What a good time.  I hope everyone enjoyed the time together as much as I did. 

No comments: