Be Ambitious

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lincoln Park Zoo

This past Saturday Nate and I went to the Zoo with some friends. Unfortunately the weather wasn't very cooperative. Because it was really foggy and rainy we spent most of our time in the indoor exhibits. Of course, the favorite with Nate was the monkeys. I think Curious George has made him a monkey lover. Anyway, these monkeys (I wish I could remember what kind of monkey) were really active. The baby monkey was all over the place and it seemed like the adult monkeys were just enduring him. That was vaguely familiar to me. :)

The coolest things we saw were the gorillas and chimpanzees. There was a bench for the kids to sit up on and get up close with the chimps. There was one chimp that got right up next to Nate but he moved too quickly before I could snap a photo.
Here is the chimp after he's just left Nate. He was pretty funny. It amazed me how agile they were. There were a couple of teenage girls who had a stuffed chimp and they would prop it up next to the glass and all the chimps would follow it and put their noses to the glass and just stare. It was really fun when they came close enough for Nate and Bennett to get a close up.
Here we are. You can't see the chimps in the background, but I thought it was still a cute picture of Nate.

As we were on our way out the weather improved. The Sea Lions were out and playing in the water. Nate loves anything that has to do with water.
On the way home the boys were having a great time in the backseat. Bennett is 14 months and adorable. He was laughing with Nate and Nate loved it. Soon it turned into fake laughing and they spent the entire trip home cracking each other up. Kids' laughter always makes me smile and laugh myself. It's so sweet.
So I would recommend going to the Lincoln Park Zoo if you're ever here in Chicago. It's free admission and the exhibits are really good and the zoo is very clean and maintained. We also saw all the big cats and they were very impressive. It was a great afternoon and we have to thank our friends Niyireth and Bennett Strong. We had so much fun with you guys!

5 comments:

Fernanda said...

Nice pictures! You made me want to go check out the zoo... when I am done with the paper I am writing for school. By the way, I wanted to thank you for the couscous recipe. Joe made it last night and it was delicious!!!! Thanks!!!

Jen said...

I love the zoo. next time you are down you should try the tuscon zoo. it is fabulous! i can't believe your zoo is free admission. I gotta say i am a bit jealous of that!

Nettie said...

Zoo trips are the best. Kids love animals, and it's not an annoying place for the adults either. No fair that yours is free! Awesome!

Monica said...

I think that the Lincoln Park Zoo is the only free zoo of its kind left in the nation. I love it!!! It is the best. That being said, anyone who lives here and hasn't gone yet is totally missing out. The first time I went I didn't even have a kid yet - so no excuses! Very cute pictures Erin. I like monkeys too! Especially my little one :) - I can't wait until I take him to the zoo this summer!

BeCcA said...

Looks like Nate is having lots of fun at the zoo. Taking kids to the zoo is the best, the animals do all the entertaining.