Be Ambitious

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Play???

I'm sure that many of you have played guitar hero by now. It's taken the world by storm. It's taken my apartment by storm. We love our Wii but it's hard on the boys to adhere to my mean rules. They have to have all their work done and we all have to play together as a family. Nate has really taken to playing on the Wii. He really can't do much but holding the controllers and the guitar are all that really counts to him.
Usually after we've played the Wii, the next day Nate will go grab his dad's finger and drag him around the apartment and has Robert open every closet and cupboard he thinks might hold the Wii. At every stop I hear, "Play???" and then disappointment because he can never figure out where we keep it (we have to hide it otherwise it becomes too much of a distraction for.....Robert). I've noticed that Nate never comes to me to help him look for the Wii. I wonder why? Anyway, on some days Robert will come to me and grab my finger and follow his son's example and share in the same disappointing result. I know it's only going to get worse once Mario Kart for the Wii comes out in two weeks, especially since you can play with people on-line and Robert's dad and brother are both going to have it. Luckily, Robert graduates soon and we won't feel guilty for playing and not studying. So, for any of you who haven't experienced the Wii or played Guitar Hero I highly recommend it because it's tons of fun for everyone in the family. That says a lot coming from me because I hate most video games. So, "For those about to rock, we salute you!"

5 comments:

Jen said...

i think my favorite part of that is that robert will grab your finger looking for the wii!! good idea to hide it!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

So, I'm just curious, but do you hide it at his bidding? or is it something you feel compelled to do? How does he feel about it?

Erin said...

I actually am supposed to do the hiding, but Robert usually finds it with no trouble. He asks me to hide it because he thinks it will keep the temptation factor a little lower.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

ah. ok, that makes sense.

BeCcA said...

Erin, Iam glad you're back in blog land, I missed hearing about the Ross family. Potty training book sounds really exciting, I look forward to the day when I need that one.