
I realize that Erin is probably going to be upset at me for posting this, but I really don't care because she is awesome and I am proud of her. Recently, Erin decided to join a city volleyball league here in Nampa to re-live her high school glory days. So, she dusted off her knee-pads and volleyball shoes and hit the court like a hammer. Her team was, needless to say, very good. At least compared to the other teams in the league. They were very dominate throughout the season and when it came to tournament time, her team steamrolled into the finals and captured eternal glory by winning the Nampa City League Championship for Division I. Overall, I am very proud of Erin's accomplishment and she has a shiny new plaque and a new T-Shirt proclaiming that she and her team are the champions. GOOD JOB ERIN!

Now, as she wears her T-shirt and carries her plaque around, you can almost hear Unlce Rico voice, "Well, if coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we’d have been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind. You better believe things had been different. I’d have gone pro in a heartbeat. I’d be making millions of dollars and living in a big ol’ mansion somewhere, soaking it up in a hot tub with my soul mate." Although she did not make the millions of dollars and get her mansion, she did find her soul mate that will always be in the stands cheering for her!
(Disclaimer, Erin does not wear her championship shirt and carry her plaque around and she is really modest about her winning, in fact too modest. She really does not talk about it much and this was the only way that I could get her accomplishments documented. Overall, and I cannot adequately emphasize this point, she is really nothing like Uncle Rico, except for the whole sole mate thing. The league starts up again in January and I will get some pictures of the Ross Hammer in action.)
6 comments:
how fun!! and way to go Erin!!
Wow Erin, I can't believe you never posted anything about that!! Unless I missed it. But I'd of totally showcased it, you're so modest. Good job, it sounds so fun!
Awesome Erin, you go girl!!!!
That's what I'm talking about! (you must read with a Kip voice)
Good for you Erin, and good for Robert for bragging about you!
Yes, Robert, get some photos. I'd love to see it. Too bad our ward didn't have volleyball in Chicago. Nice job, Erin!
Way to go, Erin! I had no idea you were so talented!
Post a Comment