Be Ambitious

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Best Cake Ever!!!

Yesterday was my 26th birthday. Whoo hoo! After a good day of working it was time to go celebrate. My sister Liz offered to watch Nate so Robert and I could go to dinner. We decided on Carino's. I love that place, but I have to admit I wanted to go some place different. A place I'd never been before, but there really aren't a ton of options in the Nampa/Boise area. Everything here is pretty much chain resturaunts. Despite that, we still had an excellent dinner.


So, Robert waited until the afternoon of my birthday to worry about the cake. I told him I wanted a Dairy Queen ice cream cake because I knew that would be easier on him than making me a cake himself. He said that this cake was all they had left...

All I could do was laugh. It's pretty typical of Robert to just punt when things don't work out just right. I would stress out and go looking for the perfect cake but Robert, nah, he just gets what he can. I don't think I'll let him live this one down for awhile. I'm mean nothing says Happy December Birthday like an ice cream cake with pumpkins and a turkey.

The cake was so yummy, though. I love the fudge and cookie crumbs. You have to eat the vanilla ice cream layer first, then the chocolate ice cream layer, and finally the fudge and cookies last. Delicious!
Nate helped me blow out my candles. There weren't nearly 26, but it was close. I think they were just trying to make it easier on my weak lungs. :)

We wore little Nate out. He was so tired he was begging for us to go home. He didn't even eat any of the cake. Which, I'm telling you, is historic. I do love when he gets tired like that though because it's the only time I can get my Energizer Bunny to cuddle with me.

I just love a simple birthday spent in good company, and of course, good food! I had a great birthday and I am so thankful for all the Happy Birthday wishes from friends and family. Thanks, guys.

11 comments:

Cheri said...

I think the turkey cake is almost romantic when compaired with the one Brett bought me last, a Sponge Bob Square Pants cake. Except he did his completely on purpose, KNOWING that I really hate Sponge Bob. Glad you had a fun day. I noticed yesterday on the family web site that it was your birthday.

Laura said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad that you had family and friends around to celebrate! I usually end up making my own cake because it's my mom's cheesecake recipe. But, like you said, simple and with family is really all that matters. :)

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday!!

Jen said...

that turkey cake is so awesome!! Happy b-day!

BeCcA said...

I give Bob the best cake of the year award. I hope it tasted good even with the Turkey on top!

Brooke Colvin said...

Happy Birthday Erin! Ice cream cakes are a favorite at our house too. I hope you guys are doing well. Let us know if you will be down here for Christmas so we can get together.

Kori said...

Happy Birthday to You!!! i love the story about the icecream cake, Luke would do the exact same thing, makes me laugh:)

Justin & Allison Harmon said...

That's awesome! I love how guys think about things sometimes...just makes me laugh. Hope you had a great birthday!

BeCcA said...

I have lived in AZ for 9 yrs and I just now have girlfriends to do fun stuff with. It brings back so many memories of college.

Melinda said...

Happy birthday! You are seriously looking so good!

That cake is just too much! Did you gobble, gobble it up? ha ha.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! I love icecream cake..Yummy. What is new with you?