Be Ambitious

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Why I'm loving Thursdays


Thursdays rock for me right now. I'm super lazy. It's the only day of the work week that I don't have Maggie. Don't get me wrong, she's super easy to watch and so happy and cute, but a day off always rocks. Let me paint you a picture of my day today thus far...

It's 10:51 and I'm still in my pj's.

None of the beds have been made yet.

I've been playing on my blog and catching up with others for more than an hour now.

I just got to breakfast and ate it in front of my computer.

Nate is fed but still in his pj's.

I've plugged him into "The Little Mermaid" so I know I have at least an hour where he's occupied.

I'm going to crawl back into my warm bed after I'm done here and read my scriptures.

My only housework plans today involve my front room: dusting, vacuuming and organizing which will only take 20 minutes.

I have a new Netflix which I plan on watching after I soak in the tub where I'll probably start my new book.

Robert will be home for lunch around 2 and Nate will be napping so I'll get to enjoy quiet one-on-one time with my husband.

Tonight is volleyball night for me and I'll be playing from 8-11ish tonight.

So I know this is really bad, I'm admitting it, I know. But everyone should have a day like this every once in a while. I am able to be much mellower because I get days like this one. Now, mind you, not every Thursday is this lazy, there's usually things that I have to get to, but this week I've worked especially hard to get all those things out of the way so I can enjoy my day today. There are things I could do that I'm leaving until tomorrow but I'll probably get to them today because I'm sure I'll be bored once evening hits. I'm also really blessed to only have one child of my own right now. I hope that doesn't sound bad. I would love to have another child of my own but because Nate's gotten so old and listens so well I get to do a lot of what I want on days like this. If I had another one I don't think days like this would exist. So I'm grateful for today and hope to relish it!

10 comments:

BeCcA said...

We all deserve a day "off". Iam glad that you have some fun and enjoyable stuff planned. What book are you going to start reading?

Jodi Reeve said...

I's sooo jealous! All though I can't complain my baby napped for almost 4 hours today!

Rebecca said...

Nice, those are the best days.

Lonni said...

Wow! How nice. You have a great day planned out. Thursday would rock for me too! Maybe I need to come up with a Thursday!

Andrea said...

Erin,
That's awesome! I'm so glad you had a nice relaxing day. I'm jealous. Hope the volleyball went well.

Kori said...

I'm so jealous of your "thursdays"! I hope you got to do everything that you wanted and more! I love days like that, they don't come very often to me right now, but I think maybe one day! I do have Nap time though.... take care and have a very Merry Christmas!

Cheri said...

Oh, I missed your comment until today. Yes, we would love to get together this week! When is good for you? Do you want to during the day, or at night? Let me know and we can set up a time.

Cheri said...

Friday sounds nice, but I think we need to wait and see how I'm doing. I'm not sick as in your going to get sick if you come here, I've got a breast infection that's knocked me on my butt. I had to go to the hospital last night(Brett asked me to) and I'm glad I did because they gave me some pain killers that let me sleep sort of. I've been having this fever on and off, sweets and chills all night. I'm so tired and my whole body is hurting. I think I might actually go get that pain medication filled.
This has been the weirdest thing ever! I was 100% fine yesterday at 3 pm and having a fun day, then this hit me like a ton of bricks and I was shaking out of control by the time Brett got home at 5:20. Anyway, that's the wierdness going on over here. Give me a call tomorrow and I'll let you know what's up.

Monica said...

I just couldn't post a tag on your newer, more serious and spiritual post. You're a rock star. Tag, you're it:
http://agoodbookandacupofcocoa.blogspot.com/2008/12/tagged.html

Melinda said...

Oh how I love my Saturday's when I can do the same thing.