Be Ambitious

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Some Pictures from the Drive

I put Robert in charge of all the driving, which he did quite graciously. In return, I was put in charge of taking pictures of our drive. I have to admit, I was kind of a slacker. But, in my defense, there were not a lot of great things to take pictures of going through New Mexico and northwest Texas (sorry to any who love those areas. I am sure we did not drive through the parts that you like. We did like the Dallas area). So, here are a few pics of our move.

Robert posing in front of the truck we so lovingly named, LeRoy. All the other moves (which have been a lot) we have used Penske and named the truck Larry, Larry II, Larry III, etc. This one we decided to go with UHaul and we were impressed with LeRoy. But we still gave a shout out to every Larry we saw on the road. Robert looks like a complete dork in this picture, but I love him. He did a great job driving LeRoy and pulling the car. The only issue we had was when we got lost going through Dallas. Other than that, he was a LeRoy driving champ.



This was our home for four days. We all "fit" nicely in the cab of the LeRoy. I have to give a shout out to Nate who did very well through the entire trip. He loved looking through the front window at all the sights of Idaho, Utah, New Mexico, and Texas.

We had a Harry Potter book on CD to help us handle the time in the truck. But, every once in a while, we had to take a Potter break and listen to some real music. This was during a Michael Jackson stage of the trip and Robert and Nate decided to rock out the air guitar on "Beat It". Robert should have learned to play the air guitar one handed because I was not thrilled he let go of the wheel to "jam".

So, these are all the pictures I took. Sorry. We will post some extra cool pictures of Houston now that we are here (which we cannot tell you how happy we are to be here and out of LeRoy).

1 comment:

Lucie said...

Erin, you're rockin' the haircut in the pic of you and Nate :-D