After dinner we headed over to the babysitter's who happened to be some more friends of ours. They were nice enough to let us do the cake and ice cream with them so we could share the big event with all of them. This year I asked Robert if I could deviate from the classic Rainbow Chip cake he always asks for. I ended up making a cannoli cake. It was really fun and really sweet. On the way home I asked him how it compared to the traditional Rainbow Chip. He said he still liked the Rainbow chip more. Bummer. I learned my lesson, though, it's going to be Rainbow Chip from now on. I want him to really look forward to his cake every year and it seems that Rainbow Chip is the way to accomplish that goal.
We sang "Happy Birthday!" and everyone got some dessert. Even the kids got in on the sugar rush.
After church we went and played games with friends and let the kids run crazy. I love that Robert got to play Settler's of Catan again and that I didn't have to!
I think Robert had a great birthday weekend and we really enjoyed all the company that we had. We feel really lucky to have made friends so quickly that we could share this day with. Birthdays are always more fun with people around! Thanks to our friends for making this birthday a fun and memorable one for Robert.
1 comment:
I don't know what a cannoli cake is, but it sounds amazing! I'm going to have to try it out. And happy birthday, Bob!
Post a Comment