Be Ambitious

Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Birthday

So yesterday was my 27th birthday. It was a great day. I had so much fun. I got home and was so wiped out. We started the day dropping Robert off at school. Nate and I then went to the library for a playgroup of story time and crafting. I love the story time there because in between books they have the kids get up and wiggle. Usually dancing and singing. Nate loves the songs and always asks me to sing them with him and most of the time I have no idea! After story time they pulled out the Wii and did Wii fit for families. It turned into just the kids practicing heading a soccer ball. They got really good. Nate had a blast. It was about 1:30 by then and we needed lunch. Nate suggested Taco Bell and what pregnant woman would refuse that? Especially since we can both eat a ton for less than $5.

After lunch we headed to the mall to do some Christmas shopping for Robert. Nate was an awesome sidekick. He helped me make a grueling choice between one of three things. I think he nailed it. After shopping for Robert we headed to Motherhood. My favorite store ever! Nah, not really, but I am serious when I say getting dressed has become difficult and I just wanted to get some things to make it easier. Nate got bored there (me, too) so we went to Dylan's Candy Bar and I let him pick a candy cane. He chose some tropical flavor and was in hog heaven. I love how simple things like that can paste on a smile for hours to come.

We went and picked up Robert from school at 4 and Nate passed out in the back seat. Seeing him asleep in the car reminds me of when he was a baby. He would sleep all the time in the car. Now, when we want him to sleep he will do anything but.

When we got home we fixed up a babysitter and made reservations for dinner at Prego's. We dropped Nate off and Robert took me back to Motherhood and let me pick out some new clothes. I now have a couple new outfits that I can mix and match. Love Robert!

Dinner was amazing. Thanks to Matt for the suggestion. There were great breads to dip in olive oil and garlic while we waited for our salad. Robert ordered smoked mozzarella ravioli with cremini mushrooms and vodka sauce and I got a chicken breast stuffed with prosciutto and fresh mozzarella on a bed of soft polenta and steamed garlic green beans on the side. YUM! We were so full we didn't get dessert. Instead we shared a small smoothie. I ate way to much but I couldn't stop myself.

After we picked up Nate we went home and got him to bed and then I took off to go play some volleyball at the church. It turned out to be half court basketball because we didn't have enough for volleyball and I complained about having to run a full court. I get bad contractions if I run too much. We played until 10 and I came home and snuggled on the couch with Robert until we went to bed. If I could repeat that day again I would.

Thanks so much to friends and family who called to wish me a great day. Thanks to Robert for taking time out of finals week to spoil me. You really know how to make this girl happy. Food and clothes... :)

6 comments:

Lonni said...

Happy Birthday Erin! So glad you had a good day! I love clothes and food too!!!

Brooke Colvin said...

Happy Birthday Erin! I knew your birthday was around Thanksgiving time, but I couldn't remember the exact date.

What a fun day! I can't believe you were going to play volleyball being pregnant and on a full stomach. You are brave! (I probably would've done the same thing :) I'm glad you had a fun day and got to get a little spoiled. Good job Robert! Happy 27th!

Kevin and Kerry said...

Erin!!! I can't believe you didn't tell us it was your birthday. We would have totally taken you out to lunch or something fun. You little stinker!! I am glad you had a great day and that you got some cute clothes I know how fun that is!

Catherine said...

Happy birthday Erin!! I'm glad you had a great day!

Cheri said...

Hey! Happy birthday! I forgot our birthdays are so close, I'll join you in a couple months at age 27. Brett just turned 31 last week, so no matter what I always feel young on my birthdays, haha. It sounds like you had fun, that's my idea of a good time, too.

Marie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Glad it was a good one! :)