Be Ambitious

Thursday, April 1, 2010

More Pics of Miss Scarlett

Here are some more pics of our little Scarlett. It was a fun day with her as she is adjusting to life in her new environment.


It was also a big day because Nate got to meet his little sister. As he came into the room he proudly proclaimed that "Scarlett is so small and tiny" and "when she cries, I will just cover my ears and it will be all better." He could not get enough of looking at her, touching her soft cheeks, rubbing her hair, and kissing her forehead.


The hospital was great because they provide a big sibling cake for older kids. When we got to the room there was a little cake to congratulate Nate on being a big brother. He thought that was the greatest and almost better than Scarlett.


Well, this whirlwind of hospital adventures comes to a close tomorrow as Erin and Scarlett will be released and they will come home. The real adventure begins as we no longer have a nurse to come get her when we want to sleep. Erin's parents fly in early in the morning so we will have some visitors and help for the first little bit. I want to again thank all those who offered prayers for our little (but now larger) family. I especially want to thank those who helped by watching Nate and those who brought me real food! We feel so blessed to have so many people in our lives willing to sacrifice time and effort on our behalf.

4 comments:

Lonni said...

Congrats! She is so beautiful. Nate will be a great big brother. I'll be sure to let Shay know to call her proud Grandpa. Hope we get to meet her soon!

Marie said...

You guys sure make cute kids! Scarlett's little cheeks are killer! I know Nate is going to be the bomb at this big brother business. He is a sweetie.

Nettie said...

YAY, you get your body back now! (Well, a little of it back...I guess the rest comes when you stop nursing). But still, congrats, I bet you're so happy to be done! She's SO cute! Good job! :)

Amanda said...

Beautiful! Congratulations you guys!!