Be Ambitious

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

She Finally Arrived!

For the past few weeks we have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of our little girl. Nate enthusiastically stated that soon "mommy's leg will start to hurt, she will yell, and the baby will come out!" Sadly her due date came and went and Erin's leg "did not start to hurt". Finally, on March 31st at 6:19 p.m. we welcomed Scarlett Elyse to our family.

Erin was amazing during labor and delivery. I was shocked how quickly Scarlett came out--only 1 and 1/2 pushes. I remember looking at the back wall holding Erin's shoulder (I do not do well with blood, so I had to look the opposite direction) and the Dr. told her to push. After the first push, the Doc proceeded to say, "Here she is!" I thought to myself, well her head or hair must be showing. Then I heard the little cry and the next thing I knew my little girl was being placed on Erin's chest. I could not believe it. Absolutely amazing.


Here is happy and healthy mommy with happy and healthy Scarlett. She was 7 pounds 11 ounces (just an ounce less than Nate) with all her fingers and toes (which both really, really long). Unfortunately, they did not tell me the length, or they did and I just spaced it as I was really excited about my daughter.

We feel so blessed to be able to welcome another child into our family and we look forward to Nate being able to meet his little sister. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers during this time. We really appreciate all your kindness and consideration.

17 comments:

Felicia said...

Congratulations to all of you! We can't wait to meet Scarlett some day.

Melanie said...

Congratulations you guys! How exciting to add another person to your family!

Catherine said...

Congratulations!!! I love the name you chose! Good luck to you all!

Brooke Colvin said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! Girls are so fun! I love the name Scarlett too. I was really anxious to find out what you were going to name her. And it's really unfair that Erin looks so beautiful right after giving birth. Congrats to your family of four!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Congrats guys!! I love Scarlett's name. Very nice.

Maren said...

Hooray!! That's wonderful! So glad the labor went well--good job, Erin! Congratulations!

Heather Ridge said...

She is so cute, I love those cheeks. Can't wait to meet her....hopefully sooner than later when Nate is around or my kids feel better. I am sure you don't want to relive that car ride to the hospital.

Kori said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! Glad to hear all is well and you look great Erin!!!!

BeCcA said...

Erin gets the gold medal for childbirth. Every women in the world dreams for a delivery like yours. Congrats, she is so dang cute.

Jodi Reeve said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

Kevin and Kerry said...

She is absolutley precious!! WE are glad both mom and daughter are doing well. We can't wait to meet your littlest one and tell you how cute she is in person. Let us know if you need any help, with ANYTHING!!

Cheri said...

Wow! I was not expecting this today! Congratulations! I wish I could come see her but for sure put up lots of pictures.

Cheri said...

And I love the name.

Justin & Allison Harmon said...

Yay! So excited she is here! Congratulations to Mommy, Daddy and Big Brother :) Scarlett is beautiful :)

Marie said...

Yay!!!! She is soooo cute! Good job, Erin! Sounds like everything went well! I LOVE the name you chose! Hopefully we'll get to meet her sooner than later. I feel so bad that I missed your baby shower! I have a sweet little dress for her that I still haven't mailed. She won't be wearing it for a while, so I've still got some time. Anyway, we've been thinking about you guys, and we are so excited that you now have your little guy and little miss, just like us. It's a lot of fun. You'll be great! CONGRATS!!!!!!

KaraLynne and Andy said...

Ohhh happy happy! congrats guys! I love the name

susannah said...

Fantastic news!! I'm s glad everything went so well for you and the baby!