Be Ambitious

Monday, December 13, 2010

All the trimmings...

Robert gently reminded me the other day that I haven't been doing any blogging. He's right. In fact, I've fallen so far off the blogging wagon that I'm not sure anyone checks up on us anymore. That's okay, we will get back into it. Truth be told, I feel like there really isn't much to blog about. We're just surviving and loving the holiday season with the rest of the world. It was fun to do the Christmas decorating as a family one night for FHE. I love that Nate is really getting into it now.

There are few things in the world that I love more than a Dollar Tree. There is one really close to us and I go there all the time. I was so pleasantly surprised at the beginning of December with all the Christmas deals that they had. The kids and I made a trip to pick out wrapping paper and and advent calendar to count down to Christmas. I filled it with Dove chocolate (I loved the chocolate as a kid but remember thinking it wasn't very good) and it's the first thing Nate and I do every morning. He goes through the calendar and points out the dates Beema and Peepa Ross will be here and the date of Christmas.
I decided this year to not be so OCD and let my family decorate the tree. It doesn't have to be perfect, right? Anyway, as we got started I told Robert I was going to sit on the couch and hand him and Nate the ornaments. I planned on just holding Scarlett and not micromanaging. You can see how well I did. I'm telling Nate where to hang his ornament. Robert gave me his "I thought you weren't going to micromanage" look and I sat down and tried really hard to just let Nate do his thing. I've got to get better at that. Why does it have to be my way?
Scarlett loved all the glittery ornaments. She was just as much fun as Nate to watch as we sang along with the Chipmunks Christmas CD.
Nate did a really good job. Robert ended up letting him do pretty much the whole thing. I love that there are branches with four or five ornaments hanging on the end. I thought I'd want to fix it but it just makes me smile.
The finished product! I think it turned out really well. High fives to Nate! Now all we have to do is keep Scarlett away from it. Did I mention she started crawling on December 2nd? It was a great birthday gift to me and I love hearing her giggle as she crawls around the house. She loves to peek around the corner and smile at you.
So here's to jumping back into blogging and gearing up for the Christmas Season!

2 comments:

BeCcA said...

Welcome back to blog land, I feel the same way, not even sure if anyone checks the blog. I am glad you blog so I can see the kids more often. The Christmas tree looks awesome, Nate did a great job. So cute to hear Scarlett is crawling, love her cute smiling face.

Justin & Allison Harmon said...

Fun fun! Cute tree...and family...your kids are so stinking cute! How'd the move go? I remember a while back you mentioned you were moving into a house...bet that's nice to have more room. Happy Holidays!