Nate was really excited. As we waited in line, he practiced what he was going to say. All he wanted to ask for was a nerf gun. Once on Santa's lap, he executed his request perfectly thereby receiving the reward of a candy cane. One child down, one to go. We were excited to have Scarlett experience her first Santa visit. We were even more excited that we were able to capture the quick transformation from happy baby to stranger danger on camera.
Within 1 Second: "Wait a minute here?! You don't look familiar. What is with that beard? Your not my father! My dad cannot even grow facial hair!"
Within 2 Seconds: "Why am I still on this guys lap? Wait a second, I see my Mom and Dad and neither of them are holding me?! Oh no...I have lost my PACIFIER!"
Within 3 Seconds: "All I want for Christmas is to get off this guy's lap! I think if I cry and push by bottom lip out as far as possible my parents will come rescue me!"In the end, Scarlett did not fare well with Santa. We are grateful for Santa and his patience as he dealt with more than one crying child. Do you notice how Santa is now looking at the camera as if to signify "Come get your kid!" Sorry Santa, we will leave a little something extra for you on Christmas eve!
No comments:
Post a Comment