Be Ambitious

Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas 2010

I know it's been a long time coming, but there were so many pictures to get through for this post. We had a great Christmas. Charlie and Sandi drove from Casa Grande to visit with us for about a week. Nate had a fantastic time. It was so nice for him to have a couple extra people to play with.

While they were here they helped us out a bit with a few things around the new house. Who knew there were so many things to buy for a house. We didn't have a rake but we did have a TON of leaves. Charlie and Sandi went to Walmart and picked up a rake and some big bags and got to work. Of course work can always turn to play with Beema and Peepa visiting.
Nate had a blast in the leaves. It reminded me a lot of Chicago when he was so little he was buried in snow.
Can you spot him???
It's tradition in the Ross Family to have a Christmas pinata. We decided to make it this year. Robert wanted it to be a longhorn. It was interesting to get started, but we think it turned out really nice.



For Christmas Eve we invited a few friends over for a big dinner. In keeping with our Texas theme we did a brisket. It was our first attempt. We learned a bit and we'll have a better idea of what we're doing next time, but it was really good for a first try.
Robert and his dad manned the grill. It started a tradition at our house to have Robert grill for us at least once a week. It's fun to see him take to learning something new, and I love the help making dinner.
It was one massive brisket and we made sure it was rubbed down well.
Before the party started Nate and Scarlett got a Christmas Eve gift from their Beema and Peepa. It was a copy of How the Grinch Stole Christmas and a stuffed Grinch. The Grinch is a big part of my family's Christmas Eve so it was fun to read it with the kids.
I didn't get any pictures of our Christmas Eve spread and I totally regret it. We had a great dinner. In the middle of dinner a huge rain storm it. We'd hung the pinata out on the patio and it got completely soaked. It still held up really well despite being wet. It's longhorns were just a little droopy. Robert made such a sound pinata that the kids couldn't open it. We had to open it up to the adults.
At the last moment we remembered to get a shot of some of the families together. We didn't catch everyone. I was not very good at remembering to take pictures that night. I think Brekke actually sent me this one. I'll do better next year. Left to right: Audrey, Matt, Brekke, Me, Nate and Robert. Scarlett had already gone to bed.
In the middle of the party Brekke pulled out some "snow". It was so fun. It was a powder that you add water to. It was really fun for the kids, especially since some of them haven't seen too much real snow.
Nate taking a swing at the pinata.
My mom sent these jammies for my kids. They are medical scrubs with their names embroidered on them. My mom actually did this for all of my siblings and I before we all got married. It was so fun for my kids to get some just like mine. I LOVE this picture, too, by the way.
Nate learning to ride his new bike that Santa brought him. (Pics are slightly out of order here.)
Scarlett got this amazing 3 stage riding, pushing, singing, rhyming, light up zebra from Charlie and Sandi. It's one of her favorite things now. I don't know how much I love the song Pop! Goes the Weasel anymore.
Among other things, I surprised Robert with a new amp for his guitar. It was a good surprise. So good that I forgot to wrap it and put it under the tree. He came to me later on Christmas morning and said, "I thought there was another package delivered?" I was so lost that it took me a minute to remember. Robert started teasing me that I "pulled a Teresa" because my mom forgets about gifts all the time.
Nate's bike was hidden in the laundry room. He had to find his present from Santa. I think the parents were more excited about the treasure hunt than he was.
Red Sox Jenga from Bec and Jr. I've never played Jenga before so I was really excited. Robert loves anything Red Sox.
Bec also sent this amazing gift for Scarlett. A homemade skirt, a matching shirt, hair barretts and tights. The best part was the little black Mary Janes. I got so excited opening this gift that I forgot it was for my daughter and not me. I was surprised with a matching skirt of my own from Bec as well.
Scarlett got some girl toys. She loves her magic wand.
Nate got another Bumble Bee. How many does that make now? I don't know if he'll ever get enough.
Scarlett doesn't love to be held anymore. She's a little too mobile, but Nate's gotta try.
While Charlie and Sandi were still in town we all went to the zoo. They'd just built a new African exhibit that we wanted to check out.

We got a new camera for Christmas so I had a great way to try and break it in and learn some of its functions. This giraffe got so close to the fence. It was really cool.
Nate loved the drums. It was hard to tear him away.
There as so many rhinos at the Houston Zoo. I don't remember for sure how many there were but I remember thinking they had a lot. Nate was confused what they were. Small elephants, maybe?
Nate trying out some tribal masks.
This was really cool. Nate was able to get up close and personal.
Jellyfish are a favorite of Nate's. These were especially pretty. Nate was sure to explain to me that they could sting me and to be careful.
We had a great holiday thanks to a lot of good friends and an especially generous family. We love you all! Thanks you so much for sharing your time with us! We hope you have a great new year!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love catching up on the Ross Goodness! I miss you chica, we must get together soon!