Be Ambitious
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Christmas Day 2011
Christmas morning came way too slowly for Robert and me. I never sleep well because I get so excited for the kids. We woke the kids up (yes, they slept fine) and got on the computer to Skype with Robert's parents for the big gift reveal. Robert's parents got Nate an art easel completely decked out with so many fun art supplies, and Scarlett got her very own kitchen! Now she cooks for us all the time and we hear her walking around the house going, "nom, nom, nom," as she eats her creations.
Scarlett was more interested in the wrapping paper than the gifts inside, but one gift did make her heart go pitter patter. Nate picked out a glittery purple bracelet for her. She was in love. I guess we learn early to love our sparkly things.
Scarlett got Nate a scarf and some gloves to keep him warm during his walks to school.
Grandma and Grandpa spoiled the kids with lots of fun treats. Pez is always a family favorite.
Robert has always been a fan of the bow tie. I don't know why it took me so long to get him some. He spent all the time he had Christmas morning before church on Youtube learning to tie them.
I love how they look exactly the same in this picture.
I got so many wonderful things. Our families are always so generous. I loved this box that Robert's sister, Becca, made for me. It's perfect for all my jewelry. Now I just need more jewelry to fill it up...
Scarlett also got her own purse which included a cell phone, lipstick and a debit card. Now she thinks she's just like Mommy.
Before church I had Robert and the kids pose for the obligatory new Christmas outfit photo. Scarlett wore her new dress, shoes and bracelet. Nate wore his new pants, shirt and sweater. Robert wore his new suit with one of his new bow ties. Don't they all look so nice? I think I've got a great looking family.
She looks so sweet here. Don't let her fool ya!
Nate's grown up so much so fast. He's such a handsome little man.
Christmas this year had a theme for us. It was a game Christmas. We really need to have some game nights now.
My sister Krista gave us the funnest gift this year. She sent us a five pound gummy bear. This is Nate trying to take a bite of it. It was ridiculously huge.
Scarlett had to get in on gummy bear action. She's not sure if she liked it.
Oh the carnage!! We barely made a dent in the giant candy bear, but we had fun.
Cutting it on the other hand, not so fun. It was so dense. My knives just weren't up to snuff. I'm using a cleaver here with all my weight on it. Insane.
Although we had so much fun this Christmas celebrating with friends and sharing gifts with one another, I especially enjoyed the spirit of Christ this year. We are so blessed to have a Savior. I love that Christmas fell on Sunday this year and that we had the opportunity to go and worship Him on His birthday. I love the Savior, Jesus Christ, and hope that everyone else had a happy and blessed Christmas holiday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So fun! I love the picture of you attacking the gummy bear. That's awesome! It reminds me of the time I tried to cut 5 lbs. of frozen beef with a butter knife. Remember that? Good times. And both of your kids are so adorable! Miss you guys!!
Love Scarletts purple dress. That gummy bear is crazy, did you guys eat it all?
Cute family! Hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment