The last thing we did with Charlie and Sandi before they made their trip home to Arizona was visit Galveston. We made the drive down specifically for a duck tour. Sandi goes on duck tours whenever she gets the chance and has many pictures from various cities participating in the tours. I think Robert and I were both skeptical, but excited to do something in Galveston we'd never done before. Even if it wasn't that fun for us we knew the kids would LOVE it.
We got settled into our seats after doing some souvenir shopping and eagerly anticipated the tour. I was nervous putting the kids next to the windows because there were no windows and the side of the truck/boat was pretty low. I was worried Scarlett would take a head dive. Thankfully, she did not.
Nate and Peepa Ross in the middle of the tour. At this point we were on the water. We'd gone through most of Galveston on the road. I loved the historic houses. I think it would be really tough to live in one of them! :) Anyway, we learned quite a bit about the city that we didn't know and I felt like I should have made an effort to learn earlier. There's a great history. As I age I'm starting to realize that I love history. History makes for the best stories.
Of course, Scarlett had a great time. She was very precocious, but did a pretty good job staying next to me if I gave her fruit snacks. Gotta love fruit snacks!
After the tour we did a little more shopping and looking around. The day was a bit windy and overcast so it was perfectly comfortable to be out. I was nervous it would be really hot and bright.
We had such a good time with Robert's parents this past March. It's always so good to see them. They are so low key and very generous. The kids miss them as soon as they're gone and want to now when they'll see their grandparents again. It's such a blessing to have a good family who wants to be involved in your life. We thank them and we love them.
1 comment:
Every time I look at your blog it brings back so many great memories of that part of Texas! Looks like you guys are loving it too! We miss Bishop Ross so much. It was great to see him on here. Looks like a great visit with them!
Post a Comment