On Scarlett's second birthday I thought it was finally time to say good-bye to the baby mullett. I hadn't touched her hair at all up to that point and promised myself that if I waited until her birthday we could go to a cheap salon and make a day of it, just us girls.
I wanted to get a "before" picture at home but wasn't totally successful. She had just gotten out of the tub and chosen her birthday outfit.
At the salon I prepared to say good-bye to the baby curls. I figured once they were cut, there wouldn't be anymore curl to her hair. So far, I was right.
She was unaware of what we were doing at the salon since she'd never been before. I wasn't able to get pictures of the actual cut because she wasn't too fond of the idea of sitting in the big chair all by herself. She sat on my lap and we quickly did the best we could. The cut was over pretty quickly. I thought they did a very good job with it considering the determined, unhappy, controlling child in my lap. I wanted a little bob all one length that we could just grow out. Robert really wants her to have long, beautiful hair. We'll see how that goes since I'm the one who will be combing it out and doing it. :)
Here's the best "after" picture I could get. I still love it. She grew up so fast just because of the haircut. She's definitely not a baby anymore.
After her haircut we went to Target and I let her pick out her first nail polish. She chose Taxi Cab yellow. We went home and painted our piggies. She loved her little yellow toes.
At two years old Scarlett is our little diva. We love her to death. You can see just by the way she's standing that she owns any joint she enters.
She's very tall for her age, just like her brother was.
She's perfect in her weight. She's such a picky eater that I struggle with her everyday. I know she'll eat it if it comes out of a bag. She doesn't like anything fresh. My mind boggles at this. Last night for dinner we had fresh pineapple and she wouldn't even try it! I try to introduce different yummy, healthy foods all the time and get shot down. I hope what they say is true about just putting it in front of them over and over again and they'll eventually try it. This is so new to me because Nate ate so well. I used to think that mom's who struggled with this just weren't trying hard enough. I think that's why I have a picky eater. I needed to show more compassion.
Anyway, Scarlett is a true girl. She loves her clothes and shoes. She loves to get her hair done most of the time. She is always looking "pretty". She loves to watch me do my makeup and hand me things as I need them. If I wear lipstick or gloss she'll sit in my lap and run her finger across my lips and then dab her own.
She's as stubborn as they come. Robert says that comes from me. I could debate that. In fact, she so stubborn that she refuses to try and speak. She's a little behind kids her age verbally because of this. I makes me crazy because I know she can do it. If you ask her to say something she presses her lips together tightly. Little stinker!
She's very possessive like most kids her age.
She loves to go to the gym with me and does really well in the day care there. She also loves nursery at church. If, for whatever reason, she doesn't get to go to nursery there's a huge melt down.
She plays really well with most kids. She loves her big brother and the two of them wrestle, tickle and sing together regularly.
She loves her movies. I did a bad thing and got her into them too soon I think. Her favorite is Tangled, of course!
She loves to color. She has her own coloring books and crayons and she carries them around the house with her. I love watching her bent over her books, concentrating so hard, coloring. She's so proud of them that she brings them to me when she's done.
She loves her mom and dad, too. That makes me happy to say. Whenever we walk in the door from going out or to work she's the first to greet us with a squeal and arms open for a hug.
I love getting her out of bed every morning. I think I understand why my mom was so happy every morning she woke us up. It has nothing to do with the fact that it's morning and a new day is beginning. It has everything to do with seeing your children's smiling faces. That always starts the day off well.
Scarlett is a genuinely happy kid. She's brought lots of smiles and laughs into our little family. She gives us all lots of unsolicited hugs and kisses. Right now her favorite is to grab my arm when I'm sitting down and kiss me by my elbow. I know it's because it's where she can reach, but it melts my heart every time. Who knew an arm kiss could be so sweet? She's my sweet little girl.
2 comments:
That haircut is so adorable! She really has beautiful hair. The girls are going to hate her.
That is an adorable haircut. She really has beautiful hair. The girls are going to hate her.
Post a Comment