I am so bad at doing things like this so I'm pretty proud of myself for doing this comparative post. I expected to see more of a difference in him, but all I really see is the difference in his hair. Maybe that's the mom in me desperately trying to reconcile the fact that Nate will be seven years old next week.
Nate loved kindergarten and only missed a couple of days because he was sick. He was so upset when he missed those days. He loved his friends and his teacher.
I remember watching him walk to school with Robert on his first day of school for kindergarten. I was so conflicted. I didn't cry, but I was worried that I couldn't see and control everything he was exposed to. That was definitely valid. He came home with all sorts of stories and questions for me. It was nice to have an opportunity to teach him. Scarlett and I missed having him around during the day. Nate is a really fun kid to be around. I was always so excited to pick him up and have him tell me about his day while we had a snack. That's what I pictured in my head, anyway. Reality was that Nate wasn't very talkative when I'd pick him up from school and he'd never remember his day so all my questions were answered with, "I don't remember."
I am hopeful for another great school year for Nate this year. He's already completed his first week of first grade. True to form, he doesn't really remember anything about what he did during the day but he's making friends and enjoying his new teacher. I will post first day of school for first grade soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment