It's kind of sad, but over all the years and moves we've been through, Robert and I have gotten used to saying goodbye to really good friends. It's never easy. It's amazing how quickly you become close to people. I am always happy to see friends move on in their lives. Thus far, our friends have most always moved to continue their education or begin their careers. It's such an exciting thing! In the spirit of excitement we had a small get together with our friends, the Sjobloms, before they moved away from Houston.
The Sjobloms were our family so far from home. They were always there for us through everything we experienced here. Their daughters were our children's best friends. They were our closest friends. They were sounding boards for our troubles and shoulders for us when we cried. I will always remember the way Matt took care of Scarlett while she was in the NICU. In short, they are great people who we have already missed.
Matt's birthday was near the time of their move away, so I asked him what I could make him for his birthday treat. He chose chocolate cupcakes filled with ganache and topped with a peanut butter buttercream with chocolate drizzle and peanut chunks. It was really yummy. I need them to come back so I have an excuse the make them again!
The kids were so good together that last night. Maybe they felt the difference. Anyway, Nate and Audrey spent so much time together that I think they could be siblings. Well, except for the fact that they talked about getting married when they got older...
Karin and Scarlett are nine months apart in age. I remember delivering Scarlett and Brekke and Audrey came to visit. We had no idea that she was pregnant at the time, but Brekke was so sweet with Scarlett.
Karin was such and easy, happy girl when she was around us. Scarlett loved her.
Me and Brekke. I don't know what else to say other than I admire her and wish I had some of her qualities. I will always remember her as an influential friend.
They boys. Could two men be faster friends? I just don't think so. Matt was always a good time and good conversation. Well, maybe except for after 24 hour call. Then he was just sleepy. Anyway, these two guys spent a lot of time together. They got teased because they spent so much time together.
We wish the Sjobloms all the best! Like I said, we miss them already. We hope we'll be lucky enough to run into them again in the future!
1 comment:
Thanks for posting those pictures. We miss you guys, too. And now we miss you more.
Post a Comment