Be Ambitious

Friday, April 4, 2014

New Orleans

After Nate's baptism, we went with Robert's family to New Orleans. Robert was the only one who had been there before. We enjoyed a lot of the sights, the sounds, and, especially, the food of New Orleans!


I thought Jackson Square was absolutely amazing.  We took a guided tour of the French Quarter, and I loved all the architecture and buildings.



 

Like I said, some trips are all about the food!  Robert loved the po-boys and red beans and rice.




Were also able to take an old paddle boat ride up the Mississippi to the Battle of New Orleans monument.  It was a lot of fun, and I would highly recommend it.






 
Nate and Scarlett provided some on-board entertainment.  Well, at least they were entertained.


We also took an "on-off" bus tour of downtown that let us explore a lot of downtown.  One of my favorite things was checking out some of the old cemeteries, especially the one where the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans was buried.






 This little pastry shop was one of my absolute favorites as well.  Although I am a sucker for a well made pastry.


The French Market was also another favorite.  Especially, since you can barter and negotiate with the vendors.  We were given some tips on how to not show our hand on how much we wanted something so we could negotiate a lower price.  Walking away always worked like a charm.  There was a lot of cool things to look through.




Overall, we loved our trip to New Orleans.  It is a place that I would recommend seeing at least once, especially for the cool cemeteries and architecture--oh yeah, and the food.

No comments: