Be Ambitious

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Welcome home, David!

After our lovely Christmas in Arizona, Robert, Nate and I flew directly up to Idaho so we could be there when my youngest brother, David, came home from his mission. We landed about 15 minutes ahead of him, just in time to meet up with the family and wait in anticipation for David. I was so excited to see him. I'm sure anyone who's had family on missions can understand how excited and nervous you can be all at the same time. We didn't have to wait long until we saw him coming to meet us.

Of course, David was just as excited as we all were and he walked up to us looking exactly how I remembered, only a man now. It's so strange to see your younger siblings become adults when you remember them best as the kids they were when you left home.

David gave hugs all around and reaquainted himself with Nate who was four months when he left, and officially met Little John, his second nephew who is almost four months now. I loved the hug I got from David. It was good and long. I got a little emotional. I always do.

I am so excited to have David back. We missed him a ton. Texas wasn't too far away, but it was still far enough. I hope David has a great time re-adjusting to life post-mission. David has always been the bright spot in our family. He's so funny and can find humor in anything. It was great to sit around the table playing games and cracking up at the stuff he'd say. It was just like old times. I love that kid!

3 comments:

Erin said...

What a great post...I even got a little emotional!

Gel said...

Erin,
We missed you in Idaho this year.. We usually see you at Christmas time! I actually ran into a single girl in Nampa that said she had just gone to see a Kunz kid that came home off his mission! So I knew it had to be your brother. Thats fun that you got to be home!
Hope you're doing great
The overalls

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

I'm so happy for you! That must have been SO fun! I remember when he left and how you would send him yummy cookies every week when he was in the MTC. And I also remember how you would share some of the left overs with me and my sweet tooth:) mmmmm I loved the carrot and orange peel cookies!
i'm glad for you, we miss you guys!