Everywhere I have lived since I graduated high school I have been really lucky to find kindred spirits to workout with. A couple of months I started to realize that I was seeing a familiar face frequently. It was this tall, thin guy who was always in a black cap, a black track suit and a white t-shirt and running shoes. He always has his hat pulled kinda low over his eyes. The first time I saw him, it was really early in the morning during my "Power Hour" class. I had to see him for the second time with his entourage before my brain clicked into recognition. He was followed by two really huge guys in suits with earpieces talking into their wrists. Any guesses who my workout buddy is??
Okay, so maybe he is not a literal workout buddy, but I see him every time I go workout when he's not out campaigning. It's been three or four times now. Robert hasn't ever seen him and all my friends who use the gym haven't ever run into him either, so this is my claim to fame. My favorite thing about seeing Barack Obama at the gym is that he's one of those guys who does one set of lifts and then has to take a lap around the gym. It seems like he's walking more than he's actually working. Anyway the thing that's awesome about it, is that he has a "cool guy" walk. You know how the jocks in high school walked? It's a bit like that. It's a slow pace, with a slight lean back with shoulders that rock back and forth with every step. It's strange because it makes him conspicuous when he's obviously trying to be inconspicuous. So there it is, my new workout buddy. Now that Barack is my buddy maybe he can get me Oprah tickets.
10 comments:
that is funny! i love that he doesn't actually work! and i am jealous that you have a gym downstairs!!
Barack Obama lives in your building??? Wow! What a fun claim to fame!
Thanks for sending me that recipe. It'll be the first thing I try when we come back. As far as the bread: I've tried brushing water on through the cooking process and I read somewhere that placing a pan of boiling water in the oven while the bread cooks can do the trick. So, far no dice. I think I'll try messing with the water temp. Also, awesome web address.
He doesn't actually live in my building. He lives a few blocks away. The gym here is a very controllable environment which is why he probably comes here to work out.
I read the title to this and thought you were going to make fun of me for walking more than I work! :) Ha ha! How conceited of me! Fun story - maybe I'll sneak in sometime just to see it myself.
Oh, yeah right, you're just imagining that. :) I think that's pretty cool... you should get an autograph, and a personal trainer for him.
That is pretty funny, you go to the same gym as a maybe US president. Hmmm, just don't wear any pro Hillary buttons while your there.
You're looking great by the way. Going to the gym is paying off! For me too, I'm trying to stay motivated but after doing this for the third time, it's getting old trying to kick the baby fat. Yuck!
That's awesome! Hope you are enjoying Boise, we miss you.
Erin, a...hello. since I check your blog, pretty much everyday, you've got to put another post up :-)
Hey Erin...do you remember me from BYU 201st ward? Anyway, my friends have been bugging me about facebook and I finally did it and found you sight via someone else's from that ward. Anyway, check out our family blog at reevechronicles.blogspot.com
We moved to OH about 18 months ago after grad school in MA. We just had our second baby boy in January so life is just great!
Post a Comment