Be Ambitious

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Nate being helpful

I am still watching Hunter a couple of times a week and his is going to turn one on Thursday. I can't believe that we've been watching the little dude for six months now. He's definitely an extended member of our little family. Nate is still attached to the kid and is so excited that Hunter is more mobile now. It won't be long before I have two boys running through my apartment. Anyway, Nate is always excited to help when it is Hunter's lunch time. I have tried to get him in there and helping me before, but recently he has been all about sitting on my lap and helping me spoon the food into Hunter's mouth.

He does a really good job and it is a win-win situation because Hunter isn't looking around the room to see what Nate is doing and what he's missing out on, and I have Nate within arms reach and totally focused on Hunter. Feeding Hunter lunch goes much faster now. Nate is at the age when he is always eager to find a way to "help" me. Anyone who has or has had a toddler I think will know what I mean. Sometimes it's help and other times it's "help". But Nate's taken on tons or responsibilities and is always looking for new ones. I don't know, maybe he's ready for a sibling....?

3 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I kept thinking he'd make a great big brother!

Jen said...

he would make a fabulous big brother!
i love that he wants to feed him. lexi has taken to wanting to feed me, it is one of those "help" situations!!

Andrea said...

Erin,
I found your blog! I enjoyed looking through it, I hope you don't mind. You did a good job!

I think you do an excellent job with 2 kids, being spoken from a person with 2 kids :)