Be Ambitious
Monday, June 9, 2008
The Wizard of Oz is a Sham!
Because our time here in Chicago is coming to a close, we decided to try and experience as much of the city as possible. So, on Saturday, we went downtown to see Wicked. I love going to plays and I was really worried that Robert would not like it, especially because it would not have giant transforming robots or Batman. But, to my astonishment, Robert really liked it (but he will deny it if you ask him!). Given the play is the untold story of the Wicked Witch of the West, we can no longer watch The Wizard of Oz without thinking that it is all a bed of lies! (Actually, this is Robert's view. He came out of the theatre not knowing what story to believe.)
Overall, the play was fantastic. We thought that the actors did a really good job. Robert especially loved Glinda. I loved the music and want to get the soundtrack. The effects were really fun, too. Best of all, though, was the theatre itself. Robert drank it all up. It was really fun to watch him during the whole thing because it was such a new experience for him. I think I just might be able to drag him to more of these productions. I absolutely love them and would see them all if I could. Anyway, after the show when we were filing out of the theatre Robert said he was going to keep a look out for any shows going through Idaho or Salt Lake so he can catch more. He really wants to see Phantom and he wouldn't have to twist my arm too hard to get me to go along with him.
It was really nice to drop Nate off at some friends and just enjoy the time together. I can't believe how quickly the hours passed. I am still one of those lame moms, though, because I had to fight the temptation to call the sitters and see if he was doing okay. Lame, I know. I hope one day I can make it through a date without worrying about my child.
I think we would recommend Wicked to anyone who asked. It was really entertaining. But I have to say that if you're at all like me and you have a hard time sitting still for more than 2 hours you'll have to prepare yourself. It's still exceptional, though and you'll wonder where all the time went. So there it is, another memory of Chicago to tuck away and love. It's going to be hard to go from a city like this to back home to Idaho. We're going to miss all the vibrancy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh, I love that show! You're better than me, though -- every time I've gone I've called the babysitter at intermission! I'm glad you were able to talk Robert into going. That's one of my favorite memories of Chicago, too.
Mike always has to tell me no about calling the babysitter, at least if it's 4 hrs or under. I have only been successful once. :)
I love WickeD! I would see it again! I am glad you guys are having fun. I am going to miss yoU!!!!!!
WICKED is awesome! I'm so glad you got to go. I've seen it 3 times and it's better each time, surprisingly. Maybe because I know all the songs too well and own the piano book :) My sisters are coming for graduation and want to see it again -- should I? I may since our time here in wrapping up as well.
Oh I am so jealous...and I don't think I get that way too often. We can't wait for teh day when the boys can stay home alone and we can do something like that! Fun times.
I've heard that Wicked is awesome! I'm glad you had a nice hot date night! When's the big move??
Good for you two! If you go to see Phantom with Gerard Butler in it you better let me know!
We will be moving the first of July.
Post a Comment