Be Ambitious

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Eternal Recurrence of the Same

Disclaimer: Erin has put me in charge of this post.

I must say, our time here in Chicago has been quite brief and passed way too quickly, with the exception of the freakishly long and cold winter. Although we have enjoyed our time here in Chicago, we are ready to move on to the next big Ross family adventure. Unfortunately, we cannot say we are embarking on an all new experience because, alas, we are returning to Idaho. Overall, we are excited to return to Idaho because we will be closer to Erin's family and relatively closer to my family. Plus, we are looking forward to my future employment opportunity.

I been offered a position at Boise State teaching Political Science. Like Dr. Jones, I will only be teaching part time, so in my spare time I can gallivant across the globe searching for priceless artifacts with my trusty fedora and whip. Or, maybe I will just play video games....or, get another job......

Overall, we are excited about the change, but we are not excited to have to move, especially having to deal with driving a stupid moving truck.

So, in an attempt to minimize particular inconveniences, we have decided to pay someone to drive the truck for us. I cannot tell you how happy we are. Me, because I don't have to drive, and Erin, because she doesn't have to pretend to want to drive, but really secretly not planning on touching the steering wheel.

Come the first of July, we will officially leave Chicago for Idaho. We are sad to leave because we love the city (I mean, come on, Chicago vs Nampa, PLEASE!) and we will definitely miss all the friends that we have made in our short stint here (Plus, now we don't have to pretend we support Obama). We eagerly look forward to the wonderful new experiences we will have in Idaho while enjoying the old comforts that are already there.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Remember that we have a date on New Years. We must talk about some plan to get Obama to talk to you!

Felicia said...

Congrats on the job! Although we're sad to have you guys move farther away from our side of the country, let us know if you come out for a Sox game this fall.

Jodi Reeve said...

Congrats on the new job! Enjoy ID...I have never been there, but Im sur it is great...probably similar to UT, right?

Erin said...

Very similar to Utah.

Andrea said...

I like how you compared it to Dr. Jones. You've got some adventures ahead!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness how exciting!! Congrats!

ashlee said...

Bob, that is so excited! I can't believe that you will be a professor. It sounds so sophisticated. You will do an excellent job. I can't believe you guys are done in Chicago already. That went by super fast. Idaho is awesome