Be Ambitious

Monday, May 17, 2010

Soccer

Over the last couple of months Nate and his friend Isaac have been participating in a soccer league. I have yet to remember to bring my camera so these are more pictures that I didn't take. Isaac's mom was nice enough to send these to me.
On the first day they got their jerseys. It was really cute how excited they got. What was even cuter was how excited Robert got when he saw that Nate got number 18. 18 was Robert's number when he played. Since the jerseys were handed out randomly this was a really fun coincidence.
Twice a week the teams got together to scrimmage. There were not ever any real practices. This was really hard for Nate because he's never played before and didn't know any of the rules. To add to the difficulty English was not the language primarily used. Nate learned some Spanish on the bright side! :)
I just loved to watch Nate run. He really tried hard to get in there and play. Most of the kids in the league have been playing since they started walking. I was really amazed by some of them. I didn't mind this too much because I think that sometimes the best way to learn is by watching and trying to keep up. Nate did his best and he really loves to go play.

We really love that Nate had Isaac with him there, too. They were buddies. It's so fun to watch Nate grow up and get him involved in sports. I think he really loves soccer and wants to keep playing and learning and getting better. Robert has been good about trying to teach him some basics. Nate even kicks with his left foot as well as he does his right. I think I learned a lot through all of this, too. I'm going to be one of those moms that gets really into it. I'm not crazy about it or anything, but I really wanted Nate and his team to do well. I don't care if he loses, I just want him to try hard. I wonder where Nate could have gotten his competitive spirit?

No comments: