Be Ambitious
Thursday, December 13, 2007
An Everlasting Bond
Lately, Nate's attachment to Robert has grown increasingly strong. So much so that Robert can get no peace or quiet when he gets home. When Robert walks in the door every night Nate runs to him screaming, "Dad, Dad, Dad!" and from then until bedtime Nate is connected to Robert's hip. The two of them have a great time playing hide-and-seek, reading, and wrestling. Robert is a good sport about it because I know there are days that he is just beat and wants to rest and have his dinner and call it a day but he gets down on the floor and plays with his son.
I have to say that I enjoy the break that this gives me. I'm not going to lie and say that there aren't days that I'm counting down until Robert comes home to help me out. It was on such a day that I was really tired when Robert came home. It had been a tough day of time-outs and tantrums and I was craving quiet. As I put on my apron to make dinner I noticed that the boys weren't doing their normal running around and screaming games so I went to see what they were up to. I always know there is trouble when I can't hear anything going on. :) Robert must have sensed that I was having a tough day because when I looked in Nate's room I found them quietly reading.
It was an adorable and endearing sight so I grabbed my camera and took some pictures before they realized I was watching. Robert is great at reading with Nate. Nate has his favorites and so does Robert. When Nate happens to pick a book that Robert doesn't love he'll change the story while he's reading it and make it more interesting for all of us. It's always exciting to hear the new renditions of the story because they're never the same twice. So here is a little moment captured in our home that I think will rank up there with my favorites for a long time because it's a huge blessing to see a father love his son, and a son love his father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that really is super sweet! i am glad you were able to capture that on the camera! what a sweet picture to have.
Is that IF YOU GIVE A MOUSE A COOKIE? Great book! What cute pictures!
That is sooooo sweet...What a blessing to have such a great husband ! I'm glad Nate gets some Dad time too...Love ya tons and I hope you have an incredible Christmas!
Post a Comment