Here it is, Robert pouring over his pumpkin. I have finished mine and was halfway done with the gourd before Robert had decided how to tackle his Batman.
Be Ambitious
Monday, October 27, 2008
Pumpkins!
Carving pumpkins is one of Robert's favorite things about the fall. I love it too, but not quite the same. He gets online and tries to find the coolest pumpkin. He always starts out too ambitious and realizes that he doesn't have the tools or that it would take way too long and is way too complicated. This year, he did the Batman. Nate has the mini pumpkin (it was supposed to be the Transformers logo, but Robert couldn't make it work in such a small area), and I have the happy pumpkin. My mom also gave us the gourd from her garden and we decided to paint it up like a ghost.
Robert and Nate posing for the picture once all the pumpkins had been carved.
Nate is such a ham when it comes to the camera. Recently we bought a video camera and whenever we pull it out to try to get Nate doing all his cute stuff spontaneously he runs up as close as he can get and just yells over and over, "Nate's picture! Nate's picture!" So when I asked him to hold his pumpkin and smile he was more than compliant.

Here it is, Robert pouring over his pumpkin. I have finished mine and was halfway done with the gourd before Robert had decided how to tackle his Batman.
We love this season. We love the holidays and we love the weather. The weather is perfect for running, the air is clean and crisp and we can start layering all of our clothes and pull out all the sweaters and hats and scarves and boots. Robert and Nate love Halloween the most, I think (stay tuned for the costume and trick-or-treating fun). After Halloween hits, Robert's birthday hits, then Thanksgiving, then my birthday, then Christmas, then New Year's. It's all downhill from here!
Here it is, Robert pouring over his pumpkin. I have finished mine and was halfway done with the gourd before Robert had decided how to tackle his Batman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I love the smiley face and the ghost. They are very cute. Now I have a Nate. We really like him. So you think Zach looks different huh? I think he looks like a toddler now not a baby anymore! I will stay tuned for the Halloween pictures to come. Have a Happy Halloween!
Cute pumpkins! I decided this year it wasn't worth it, but maybe I was wrong - Nate looks like he had a blast.
Pumpkins are cute, they are a happy veggie.
Your little boy is so cute! Congrats on your beautiful family! I'm excited you found me now we can keep in contact! Oh and great job on the pumpkins they look great!
kristie
Your pumpkins look great! I am still planning for Thurs morning, I will try and come around 10:30ish, does that work for you?
Your pumpkins are so cute. Iam impressed with the batman and transformers pumpkins. Nate looks so cute sitting by his pumpkin.
Happy Halloween guys!!!
Yes, Halloween is the first of many great holidays coming up. I LOVE the pumpkin carving job. WOW! I'm sad that we aren't doing it this year. I paid $12 to feed the squirrels. Grrrr...
How fun. I loved the happy face one.
Post a Comment