Be Ambitious

Friday, October 3, 2014

My Birthday



My birthdays are always made memorable by food.  This year we went to Pei Wei with our good friends and then to two different dessert shops.  First we went to a French macaron shop and then next door to the gelato shop.  Yes, we had a progressive dinner.  It was my kind of birthday!
 I don't remember all the flavors we tried but I do remember the best flavor.  It was a transcendent salted caramel.  Mmmmm.....  Just give me a second........  Reliving the goodness.......
 I love this guy.  Everyday with him is worth it.  I love spending time with him.
 Around the same time there was a Christmas cartoon show at the downtown library for the kids and a gingerbread house contest at the same time across the street from the library in the courtyard.  We met some friends and enjoyed half of the cartoons when we all got a little restless and when across the way to the courtyard.  There were some amazing gingerbread houses.  Rapunzel's tower was a common one, but the best one was a replica of Hogwarts.  Again, I didn't take pictures.
 Inside all the Christmas decorations got us in the mood for the season.  It was ridiculously cold outside for Houston so we warmed ourselves as we looked through the decorated halls of the old buildings downtown.  Look at those cute kids!
I guess their parents aren't so bad either.

No comments: